Last Defense Blitzkieg

I just beat Last defense by pulling all tanks and men to the left side[where the tracks usually are] and launching an attack with infantry, tracks and tanks[in that order] against there right,and overwhelming them in quick fassion. Then flanking they're left forward position. When they're hellcats showed up, My tanks, which were in the valley just to the left of the enemies far right position, all had great shots and by god took out every last hellcat while suffering only one Stug immobility and the loss of a track.We quickly eliminated the enemie's Bazooka capability and soon captured a good amount of the enemy troops just outside of town. One tank, a track, and some troops, were dispatchted to the enemies left and then troops and tanks were sent to the bridge where they held off reinforcements and retreating troops. The rest is history. One of my best victories and most fun scenarios.

bazooka

One of my most brilliant tactics, resulting in a BITTER defeat by the hands of Teutonic. I had my tanks and halftraks on the Left flank, but, I left 2 Platoons of Motorized infantry on my Left flank through the forest with the last Platoon of Panzergrenadiers in the centre forest. Lost 2 empty halftracks to mortor fire before the enemy saw my Right Infantry flank move in. I crawled my troops in intervals and by turn 7 they were in position at the far end of the forest way on the Right flank. All the while they were under heavy mortor fire which caused NO casualties to my force, however, I lost 2 Halftracks I drove over to provide covering fire. My 2 Platoons made it to the enemy buildings in 1 turn, reached the outskirts of the main blockhouse, but, due to the fact of too much smokescreen, the destruction of my Tiger, and the eventual loss of all my StuG's my troops were eliminated Squad by squad as they were cut off by the 2 surviving Hellcats. Teutonic had a good rear defense setup and the mortors delayed me 4 turns, otherwize I should have taken the houses on the Right side of the road and would have had my tanks in good positions to take out the incoming Hellcats. I am currently in a game as the Allies in LD, and have made a blitzkrieg player regret sending up all his weak skinned vehicles too close (even killed a halftrack with a 50% strength squad! One lucky grenade!)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEVERE:

I just beat Last defense by pulling all tanks and men to the left side[where the

bazooka<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let chuck in a brag at this point, I won LD last night playing the allies 93\7 losing only 37 cas. Totally devastating the jerries. My tactics were one platoon of inf in the tree line near extreme right hand vict. flag and all other squad hidden behind stone wall on the right hand side of village,

MGs concealed in second storey buildings. These toroops in the village weren't exposed until the hellcats had arrived. The mortars were setup on the hill. They put a two turn barrage into the german setup area ( I got lucky took out a H/T and several squads). The H/cats destroyed all veh by turn 11. Isn't the fortunes of war great.

PS. Platoon in woods on right hand side of map inflicted 42 inf cas. What a brag biggrin.gif

I finished up a game using the standard deployment. It was my friends first game of CM final tally. Me about 110 effectives 1 Stug lost and all halftracks lost (empty), Him 5 effectives (he managed to pull some mortar teams back) 28 captured and the rest dead or wounded. I basically stood off in the distance until turn 6. I heavily shelled his positions and then quickly rushed in with my infantry. I had my tanks hide behind buildings and destroy his tanks. As he pulled back I made an all out dash, losing almost all platoon cohesion but retrieving satisfying results. The dash worked, destroying or capturing many withdrawing units. My casualties would have been lower but I made some "accidental" mistakes tongue.gif after all I want to kill him again.

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares