Current version of the manual

It would also be nice if they would provide a PDF version of the manual with the game updates that would be in sync with that version of the game. I still think there could be more detail provided regarding the various commands like sneak vs crawl, etc...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Biff:

It would also be nice if they would provide a PDF version of the manual with the game updates that would be in sync with that version of the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just makes it easier for the warez boys. THere's one on the news group that claims to have the game via a warez site already.. COuld't find it, though I went hunting a little to turn in to "the authorities."

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

THe manule that came with 1.0 is well worse than my spelling in some cases.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob, sweetheart, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the only thing worse than your spelling is some of the other spelling on this board.

biggrin.gif

Michael

Guest Big Time Software

The current version of the manual is 1.1, however 1.2 is in the works and will likely ship out towards the end of January when we exhaust existing stock. The only significant changes will be adding in the Readme information.

And a big NO to a PDF version of the manual smile.gif No need to make things easy for the software pirates...

Rob, considering that the guy who wrote the manual speaks English as a third language, I think it came out pretty good smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Tiger thought are just the fixs in the game not the manual. THe manule that came with 1.0 is well worse than my spelling in some cases.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, that is an impossibility smile.gif

Don't worry, I'm assuming English is your second language, I'd hate to think how fractured my French would be, assuming that is your mother tongue, if I had to write posts in it frown.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Some fellow got ahold of me this afternoon on ICQ with a hearty "Hola!" and right away I knew I was in trouble. I struggled to oblige my new friend, who lives in Argentina, but my poor Spanish just wasn't up to the challenge. Exasperated, this person finally bid me farewell, saying "Me parece no hablas espanol." Hell, I tried to tell him that first thing! smile.gif

As for the CMBO manual: it's not the best I've read, but then again it got me up and running in a heartbeat. If the author speaks a different mother tongue than mine then I say hats off!

[This message has been edited by Tris (edited 12-29-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

About pirate copies;

I got in touch with a person who claimed to have purchased a bootleg copy of CM in China, where he lives.

As a reply to why he didn't order the original, it was partly a monetary issue ($1 on the street or $55 on the net), but mostly a practical one; if he'd ordered on line, the chance that it wouldn't disappear in transit is negligable.

For some people bootleg copies seems like the only available option.

Cheers

Olle