CM: Beyond Belief

First off, I'd just like to say that CM was obviously created by a group of dedicated people whom harbor a considerable amount of drive, passion, dedication and respect for accuracy and this amazing era in world history.

I, personally, only indulge myself in maybe 2-4 PC games per year (all historical strategy) in the hope that one day I'll find a program worthy of the ole built-in CPU (or Cerebral Processing Unit, as I call it). Fellas, I've got to tell you, this is the program I've always searched for. Hallelujah! My journey is complete. Well done, BTS. Well done indeed.

Now for a continuity question and the other reason for this post.

After acquiring my copy of CM a couple of days ago and marveling at the intense OB incorporated into the program, I discovered one (and only one) minor discrepancy. The German troop transport (truck) depicted in the game is the U.S. six-wheeled "Duece and a Half" and not the Opel Blitz or even the Krupp Protze. Is this simply a glitch on my machine or have this equipment been ommitted from CM deliberately?

If this is not an oversight, can we expect the Opel or Krupp to be modelled in the upcoming 1.03 patch? I would dearly like to see one or both of these vehicles (along with a metal girder style bridge) represented in the game, in order that my TEF (total emmersion factor) can be boosted from a mere 99% to a nice round 100%! I hate to be a stickler, but...!!!

Once again, I must say I'm extremely impressed with this offering. Especially when you consider the fact that maybe 1 in every 10 PC games released these days is more than 80% complete when it hits the market.

Thanks BTS for such fine piece of work. BTW, I'm already looking forward to all the new features, units, graphics and audio forthcoming in CM2: Barbarossa and Beyond, CM3: Heia Safari, CM4: Blitzkrieg, CM5: A Walk in the Sun, CM6...

Whoa! Now I'm really overclocking the ole CPU in anticipation of great things to come!

Any repsonse to the above query would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think BTS decided that for something as generic as a truck, modelling a different trucks types was not a good use if time.

The lack of a distinct truck can't be for lack of info and pictures, so I think it was a time choice.

Jason

Wow, I thought I was keen. I hadn't even noticed the trucks were the same. In fact I have just thought, which turrets do the Tiger11s have? Porsche or Henschel?

This game does it for me as well. View 2 behind a Firefly slogging it out with a Tiger - beats watching sport any day!

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

Scepter,

I believe that when it came time to do the trucks it was a choice between delaying release for a while and doing an Opel Blitz or releasing it and trusting that people wouldn't mind too much wink.gif.

One or two other vehicles aren't 100% accurate either ( There's some sort of turret issue with one of the German tanks IIRC but I'm damned if I remember which one.)

So, I doubt if the Opel Blitz will be added unfortunately but I'd imagine it'd get in for CM2 ( Personally I want to see lots of little RSOs etc in CM2 wink.gif.. Hmm, maybe a Kettenkrad or two also. )

That, my friends, is an example of the way we welcome newbies who enter the collective with a positive outlook. Never let it be said that good manners won't get you what you are looking for on this board {even if you don't search first}.

Welcome, Scepter, if that is your real name. Keep your powder dry and the emoticons under wraps and you'll be just fine. Watch out for that Germanboy though. He can be pretty mean sometimes {[wink]for the new guy}.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

Wow, I thought I was keen. I hadn't even noticed the trucks were the same. In fact I have just thought, which turrets do the Tiger11s have? Porsche or Henschel?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henschel I hope! We all know that the Porsche turret was a projectile trap (ask the MG'er and Driver)

BTW, what suspension does the Jagtiger have? Porsche or Henschel? wink.gif

Mace

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Watch out for that Germanboy though. He can be pretty mean sometimes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr.Peng you unassuming little Swine! How dare you spew forth my name in vain? If you weren't the Peng himself, I would call upon him to give you a well-deserved Penging and then hang you from your gonads next to a bunch of freshly caught squid on a dry-rack in western Japan, for your dried cuts to be sold and consumed with a can of Sapporo while watching trashy Japanese TV. And that would be too good for you.

Using a wink, my word...

Okay, that's it, I'm off to bugger the hedgehog, err, do some work...

What was this thread about? Oh, welcome Scepter, never mind Mr.Peng. Don't use smilies.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I would call upon him to give you a well-deserved Penging and then hang you from your gonads next to a bunch of freshly caught squid on a dry-rack in western Japan, for your dried cuts to be sold and consumed with a can of Sapporo while watching trashy Japanese TV. And that would be too good for you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pay no attention to Germanboy. The above ranting is just a shameless plug for his new position as Iron Chef -- Teutonic. And by German standards, that's good eating.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Pay no attention to Germanboy. The above ranting is just a shameless plug for his new position as Iron Chef -- Teutonic. And by German standards, that's good eating.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pest on you and your descendants to the 7th generation, damn you Ethan! You have found me out again.

First we will learn how to prepare the common Celtic Hedgehog, followed by a disgusting dish of vile dried Peng.

And Ethan - I will remember the comment you made about me and tanks in that other thread... You will pay for that.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

This game is totally unrealistic: the British trucks don't drive on the wrong side of the road... wink.gif

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a survey, 9 out of 10 people thought I was a pedantic git...British trucks drive on the right when in France! And anyway, that is the wrong side of the road, the right side is the left side!

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)