Blind AI?

For starters, I have the game for a week now and I think it's absolutely fabulous ... the best I've ever seen so far - I'm hooked smile.gif

Now, last night I was playing a QB as the Germans (JAN45, dusk, snow) and I had a veteran sharpshooter hiding in a house forward of my defensive line... sure enough he's spotting American infantry left and right but no worthy targets are in sight (it even rhymes, doesn't it?). So one squad comes running right for his house (a little from the left) and I think "hooray, he's dead frown.gif" ... when all of a sudden they enter the house (small light building) and RUN RIGHT PAST him, exiting on the other side! He's still snuggled down on the floor, pretends that nothing happened - of course I was relieved at having eyes behind the enemy lines but shouldn't the AI have seen him???

Just a curious observation ... btw I seem to be ready now for my very first PBEM game, so if some of you guys want to beat the heck out of me, feel free wink.gif

Duster

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Duster:

... but shouldn't the AI have seen him???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I once had an enemy squad runing right past one of mine (both in the open, but my enemy came charging across a hilltop), then suddenly stoping, doing an about face and enegage it. The enemy was obviously charging another of my squads when the TacAI suddenly (correctly I suppose) decided that the new(ly discovered?) squad was a larger threat.

I think it's a tribute to the game that something like this might happen! smile.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Maybe he was hiding behind the sofa.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well since he never took a shot during the whole battle that seems to be the case smile.gif.

I'd like to see that work with flamethrowers though...