Problem running CM

I just reinstall win 98 for win 98 second edition and when I try runnig CM I get the error:

unhandled exception: C0000005

at address: 00489f44

and then a fault from combat mission beta demo.exe

0167:00489f44

now, the game did work before on my computer. I did a search on the topic and found people with similar probleme, but the solution does not work.

------------------

It sounds like another memory-allocation error. If you haven't already, try:

uninstalling&reinstalling CM

Before starting CM, use ctl/alt/del to make sure there aren't a zillion background programs hogging your RAM. I used to run P-shop a lot at a previous job, and eventually the system I was using developed a bug that prevented Windows from correctly reallocating main memory after every closing of Photoshop. If you closed Photoshop and reopened it, the system would freeze totally.

If you recently changed any system settings, change them back.

If your hard drive is close to full, empty it out a little; the partition that I'm using to run CM and Baldur's Gate got down to 65MB free, and my system got REALLY slow, so I wiped some old crap.

I'm pretty sure there are ways to check memory allocation. Search around the web for some free/shareware thing that monitors system performance, RAM usage in particular. That might show you something in your system that's eating too much RAM.

DjB

Well i did try the Memturbo program and it's still does not work.

I did try with rainbow six and I get a message saying a have a internal problem.

Does somebody know if the (unhandled stuff) come from the video card, I have a onboard sis 6326 and IT did work before my upgrade to win 98 second edition

Just a guess... (if you haven't solved this one already)

Install the lastest video driver for your Sis 6236 (should be dated 7-22-99), AND install the TSR.EXE program to update your video BIOS in your AUTOEXEC.BAT (I suggest installed the TSR.EXE BEFORE installing the latest driver). You should be able to get these files from http://www.sis.com.tw and once you've selected your region. just select the driver drop down dialog on the frame to your left.