WHAT UP!!!!

Sorry Leshawn but I don't speak "Homeboy" wink.gif BUT I do get a laugh from your posts. They remind me of a certain comedian over here who does a show on TV in the persona of "Ali G" (a West Indian? who thinks everything comes down to drugs, sex and his peculiar style wink.gif ).

Question.. What the hell is the etymology of "covered like a jimmy hat"? wink.gif

Sounds like a funny phrase but where does it come from. Just realised ebonics has probably robbed you of the word "etymology" wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Tom punkrawk

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a "jimmy hat" is slang for a Condom(Fionn,if you don't know what that is,I don't know what to say smile.gif).I may be wrong,I just remember that term used in this movie called "Don't Be A Menace In The Hood While Drinking Your Juice",I though it was really funny.You guys should check it out,if you're into tastless humor smile.gif

This seemed all a litte too familiar for me...

Here's couple of snidbits of a little wav file a friend sent me...

"...You lay'n the cut straight sit'n on your ass and gett'n your drink on, and your snack on..."

"...You goin, we fly you d'ere, you been, we done already flew up in d'ere, we got you covered like a Jimmy Hat, at Delta, we loves us some fly'n..."

It seems as if it is just too much of a cooincidence that what Mr. Campbell wrote coincided with this wav file. I could be totally wrong though, but, it is really eerie though...

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-07-2000).]

Aww come on guys... Personally I'm treating Leshawn's style as a joke. They're just harmless posts in any case wink.gif.

Even if he is just a "character" made in order to post silly posts it is still just a little light entertainment.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Yo, you heard that delta ad too? That be mad funny, yo! I heard it once, and I was like, aww SNAP! That was the ****!! But some of the niggas in my hood stop by my cribb and we be listen'n to that. (I gots that on my compy too) Mad funny. But that be the common words...that there delta ad ain't be makin' up them words. All y'all be cool.

peace out

~Leshawn

Yo Tomm,

Why you dissin' LC like that? You'd best give him some props, or else I git my 9 and bust a cap in your ass!

Rex

PS. Who's the black private dick that's such a sex machine with all the ladies?

Guest Tom punkrawk

heh,I remember in 6th grade when I kinda liked rap, I made up the name, Homey G readmore as to mock it.eh, yeah =)

Where I come from, somebody in a hood has an entirely different connotation. wink.gifwink.gif

Word, y'all. cool.gif

[This message has been edited by hnh3 (edited 01-07-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Leeshawn, no offense intended, but everybody here is trying to speak a common language/dialect. That is, everybody except for you. That common language is Standard English. This is a fundamental requirement for posting here, since without a common language there is no communication and, therefore, no reason for this BBS to exist.

Probably 1/4 of the people here speak another primary language other than English, yet they all try VERY hard to understand, and in turn be understood, using the best Standard English they can muster. They do not do this because they feel they are selling out, but because they want to communicate. If everybody did their own thing, that would not be possible. Reminds me of the time I found myself in a van (in Sovenia) with a Croat, Slovene, Italian, American, and Nigerian. English was the voluntary common language used and nobody felt inferior because of it (except for me, since I was the only one that spoke only one language fluently smile.gif)

We have posters who speak German, French, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Italian, Finnish, Greek, Chinese, and probably another half dozen languages I am forgetting about. I also know that Russians, Poles, Estonians, Croats, Japanese, Indians, and lots of others are reading this BBS even though they might not post (domain logs are wonderful sources of info smile.gif).

Point is, this BBS is not a contest platform for most unique method of communication. We all need to speak the same language/dialect for this BBS to have value. And because of that, if you choose not to speak Standard English (to the best of your ability) then I will, regretably, delete your posts.

From my own perspective you are not attempting to communicate effectively, but instead are conciously attempting to make each of your posts contain as much "shock value" as possible. Either that or they are some sort of twisted form of humor or (shudder) intended to promote racism. In any case, such posts are not welcome here. Your thoughts, if constructive, are.

Since you have the skills to read and type, I have no doubts that you know how to do so in Standard English. Please respect the need for common language and make 1/2 the effort that our non-English speakers take to be understood. That isn't a lot to ask.

Steve

P.S. I do not want to see this debated. If it is, threads will be closed up and/or deleted as fast as they come up. There is no need to waste our time as there is nothing to debate.

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 01-08-2000).]