Barbed Wire?????

I did a search but I could not find a response to the barbed wire problem some people are having. I have seen the Amis run right through the middle of barbed wire several times with absolutely no slowdown. When I click on the team the info window does not say "barbed wire" in the "located In" box even while they are smack dab in the middle of the tile. I have noticed that it does this most often when I put the wire on the hill right in front of Plomville to prevent the Amis from a fast charge over the hill and into town. Maybe the bug has something to do with the slope or the fact that I have put the wire so close to the edge of the "green" (or is it black) boundry?

Like I said...I have seen this 5 or 6 times now. One possible response was that the first team through a point in the tile will "cut" the wire. Is this true BTS?

I've set up a number of hotseat games to try and duplicate the problem that you're having with barbed wire not slowing down the Americans. However, in every instance, the barbed wire has functioned correctly and caused them to move extremely slowly. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you should note the exact placement of the wire, etc to see if you can duplicate the problem.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if it's possible for engineers to clear barbed wire? I move them close to the wire and they just sit there.

pritzl

I, too, have seen units run right through the wire. The wire in question was 3 units at an angle from the valley road north up Hill 198. Each wire unit was placed carefully to overlap the adjacent wire unit a few pixels beyond the sloped part at the end, so that there was a continuous line across the upper surface of the wire.

Units running through the lowest section of wire next to the road, where the ground is pretty flat, were slowed down. Units running through the wire higher up on the steeper sloper didn't slow noticeably.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

As far as I can remember I think I had placed the wire on the hill right in front of the village,on the downard slope, when I saw the problem you are talking about. This is the only time I have seen the problem, (as far as I recall ... it is early morning and I have not gotten my coffee yet.)

Have you got the scale set at something other than realistic. If so, you might be leaving gaps between your placements and not recognise.

------------------

krm - King of useless posts;)

I meant to say that in my first post KRM. My units are at realistic size and there are no gaps between wires. Besides, this is happening to the units that run smack dab in the middle of the wire as well, not just the edges. All I can say is that it does happen mostly on slopes.