The Amazing Flying MG42

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Busy playing CE, and on the 60th second of a turn i knocked down the church.. and next turn, the mg42 there is still flying around! He's hovering! Some new Wermacht techonlogy?!

Bit of a pain, because he attracts fire from my tanks, (hi exposure), but unless they get a direct hit, the roung whizzes off into the distance, *hmph*

this been fixed for full? smile.gif

PeterNZ

Heh. In Riesberg, I had an MG42 team that was (from the German point of view) in the 2-story building on the right side of the road closest to the approaching Americans. As the enemy got closer to the building, I ordered the MG team to move from the 2nd story of that building all the way back to the upper floor of the 2-story objective building on the right side of the road.

Well, he did exactly as ordered. Walking directly out of the building he was in, he headed for his objective 'as the crow flies' - literally! I guess I shoulda used a waypoint down to the 1st floor. tongue.gif

I was amused and just let him go. By the next turn, he got about half-way there before taking some MG fire from an Ami tank and hunkering down. A few seconds before the turn ended, he was 'shot out of the sky' by an HE shell that impacted right into him. Blew him to smithereens! smile.gif

Sometimes this game is just too much fun!

Yes, this bug was fixed. Unfortunately. wink.gif

- Chris

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 03-11-2000).]