Looking for TCP.IP/PBEM opponents

AutomaticFire

• 2 years later...

Hey Big Duke 6, I live in Melbourne, would be up for a pbem or maybe even online, although have little experience on both. I find the biggest problem with the cpx's and online side here is that most of the active players seem to be northern hemisphere, and shocking time zones.

Zap a reply here if your interested. My knowledge of the game is limited, but I'd like to try some custom scenarios that use all those amazing alternative maps... any suggestions.

Two completely seperate issues,

1. I am available for tcp/ip games durning the day west coast time and am also interested in email games. The computer is getting boring so I will probably only embarrass myself a little playing a live person. I can at least use the interface well enough too embarass myself reasoably quickly .

2. To the people who do this for a living instead of a hobby, if the hellfire is the most effective atgm in our(U.S.) arsenal, why do we only use it on helicopters. The potential for some kind of well protected apc tucked compltety out of sight that can pop then out at the beck and call of lighter units seems like a no brainer, especially for weight sensitive forces like the airborne and marines. Even more so after some recent very unpleasant lessons in how easy it is to shoot down helicopters.