Switch from CM to CM2 support

I was wondering if you have any idea when focus would switch from patching CM and adding new vehicles etc. to developing CM2?

I sure hope I can afford some new computer goodies before CM2 comes out. My sound card and graphics card are having trouble wrapping themselves around CM.

Guest Big Time Software

We'll be working on the TCP/IP addition to CM1 before we get to CM2. This will be made available as a free patch (probably as version 1.1).

Charles

TCP/IP. Yummy.

Well, maybe not. I might not ever get anything done again...

As a SE, I cannot help but wonder about the technical issues. I assume you would run the turn on one machine, and then send the VCR file to the other? How big is that VCR file? Have to test a PBEM game I suppose...

Jeff

It's kind of weird, I know I'll be playing enough CM for a long while that, CM2 won't be that big of a hurry. However, I think this forum will become more exciting again when CM2 development begins.

I certainly hope we'll get our add-on disk that Steve spoke of for CM1

before any work begins on CM2. Can you say, "Sturm Tiger"? biggrin.gif

I'll *gladly* pay 35 bucks for a cool add-on CD with new scenarios, operations

and vehicles that Steve didn't quite have time to put into version 1.0. smile.gif

Hear, hear,

i suggest they produce that add-on CD around christmas. And whouldn't it be nice if besides funky new hardware there would be other stuff on it like the best home made scenario's/operations and the best looking texture packages ?

That would make christmas ! biggrin.gif

Grtz S Bakker.

PS; Geez, already thinking about 'the next thing'. poor steve and charles ... wink.gif

I was just thinking about the "next thing" because I found the forum more interesting when CM was in earlier development and we were learning what it was going to be like and making suggestions etc. Once we learned these things and it became too late for most suggestions, the way I see it, that's when the number of interesting topics decreased and the number of flame wars increased. Therefore, I was thinking that CM2 development would make the forum as interesting as it previously was.

As far as actually playing the game, I think CM will keep me satisfied for probably around 3 years or better. I played SP fairly faithfully for over 1 and a half years and CM is much better.

I spend a lot of time on this forum and enjoy it, but it's not the highlight of my day it once was. This is partly because the rest of my life has gotten more exciting, including the fact that I can actually play CM now, but also because the forum isn't quite as interesting as it used to be.

Yes, any time new features and such are being worked on it spurs all sorts

of good ideas and interesting discussions from the board members.

Perhaps Steve and Charles can even save up a few new features for the

add-on disk in addition to the other goodies. smile.gif I'm sure the board regulars

can think of a few suggestions for inclusion. wink.gif