Points In CM That Need To Be Addressed

Colonel, IMO it would have been even worse for you if he had had regular infantry because that would mean he would have had considerably more. I know, it's a trade off because they don't perform as well as veterans, but personally on the attack rather have quantity over quality, while on the defense I'ld rather have veteran over regulars.

IMO, 13-yr old behavior is if you lose a battle badly and then run around seeking the culprit in anything but your own, be it hinting at your opponent having all the advantages (or cheating) or even some remote line in a manual that has no direct influence on the game itself.

------------------

"Hehe nah u have some valid points mate but umm well be a bit nicer." (GAZ_NZ)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> to gain support from all the 13 year olds here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, you're just bitter for losing a fight you DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE WON!! Abbott's right, it should have been a losing fight. YOU HAD A PANTHER FOR GOD'S SAKE! You must be using the term 13 year old as a mark of respect, you big baby.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you wanna sit here and try to exaggerate everything to gain support from all the 13 year olds here who just want to start a flame war, then go right ahead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You must be using the term 13 year old as a mark of respect, you big baby.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jeff. You just illustrated my point about your kind.

Is it really necessary to continue this conversation? Hofbauer, get back to my crazy QB reinforcement thread. The rest of you, break it up, there's nothing to see. Move along.

Move along.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Elijah, there is no way I am going back to that...to that...euphemistically labeled as a "novelty" thread thing...

thing is I have no way to counter that formulae that you have been hideously secretly working on and devoting your entire life to ever since you left high school, despite your official claim that you "made it up" as a "SWAG" in "2 minutes" . Hah! you think you could fool me into believeing this?

nooooo, I'll leave it to people like tom_aka_w or something to counter your latest evil move, he is also much more eloquent than I am.

I rather stick around funny people such as Colonel Deadarsch. While my linguistic, semantic talents might be insufficient to tackle that insiduous idea of yours including your presentation of it, they are quite an overkill for Deadarsch, and I like being underchallenged.

------------------

"Hehe nah u have some valid points mate but umm well be a bit nicer." (GAZ_NZ)

Guest Big Time Software

Uhm, time to close this up? Me thinks so after I make a point here. After reading the rubbish above I see nothing more wrong than someone losing and not liking it. Hey, I think I am about to lose a PBEM game. Guess what the OB is?

I have:

3 x Panthers

1 x JpzIV

1 x 251/1 HT

1 x Platoon of 44 pattern infantry

1 x HMG

1 x 300mm NW FO

All my guys are Crack, the parameters were selected by my opponant, and the picking of both sides' units was done by the computer.

At this point I know that the US has at least:

1 x 81mm FO, possibly 2

3 x Bazookas

2 x Platoons Rifle infantry, posibly 3

1 x 57mm ATG

1 x 50 cal

1 x 30 cal

1 x AA gun of some sort

He has all Green units.

And guess what...

I am on the attack, in the rain smile.gif I got my Jpz stuck behind a hill, a Panther stuck in a semi-usefull spot, and then ran my one platoon smack into his main position in Tall Pines. I lost 60% of my men and the HT. I probably took out 2x my number, and have eliminated several of his key assets, but if the NW barrage he is about to feel doesn't do anything I am pretty much sunk because there are 3 objectives to take.

My point about all this? I am on the attack, out numbered probably 3:1 in infantry, which is critical for such lousy battlefield conditions. I have two out of my 4 tanks out of commission (one without firing a shot) and have a long way to go until I get to the first objective. I am likely to lose. Yet I find no reason to complain since I could have won this game, if in fact I wind up losing it.

When someone is defeated the first thing that person should do is take full responsibility for the defeat. There is no bug so horrendous, no typo in a manual so bad, that it can cause someone to lose a game they might otherwise have won in CM. If it is so close that something like this can "cause" a defeat, you didn't deserve to win in the first place.

My 2 bits wink.gif

Steve