Kump's Take on DD/CMHQ Terrain Mods...

Okay, so its no big deal what kump thinks about the new DD and CMHQ terrain mods, but some must be curious. My site is a dark side one after all.

First, I've been swamped with small changes to subdued terrain. I think the Old Dog and DesertFox grass helped to brighten up the game and has many more crossing to the dark side started by the gunslinger mod.

Then the small changes started to hit. Way too many from way too many folks. It was obvious that many were getting into the subdued look and wanted to improve even further. But what a nightmare to the poor new soul first crossing over to the dark side. Install gunslinger, get kump trees and bases, install Old Dog, install DesertFox tree base, install some minor mods to get a few more changes. It really starts to get confusing.

Some asked if I would do a recommended list, but I refused because it would change within a week and some folks just don't have my own personal taste.

Now I get to DD's work with CMHQ to offer another alternative. I installed it all, the grass, the trees, the snow. And once again, I've switched. This is now my new reference terrain. Its subdued and yet keeps that summer sun look. Its a winner.

I like the summer tree over my own changes. There is variety, and it doesn't make the sunny days look strange. I LOVE the tree bases. They replaced all my previous updates.

I appreciate MadMatt getting involved and having DD continue the updates to get an overall set of mods that really work together. This makes the overall mod really exceptional and convinced me to switch.

I looked at everything in great detail. The only thing I objected to were the autumn trees, just as I did with gunslinger's. I've brightened my own and think they look very good in DD's new terrain set. I have sent these to important folks for their review and will be making them available very soon.

I look forward to doing comparison pages of the new DD/CMHQ subdued terrain set. Its an exceptional amount of work and I am now a fan of it.

Take the time and download it all from CMHQ. Its well worth the download time.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Okay, so its no big deal what kump thinks about the new DD and CMHQ terrain mods, but some must be curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, definitely, thanx!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I look forward to doing comparison pages of the new DD/CMHQ subdued terrain set.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, thanx for doing this, I like to take advantage of the comparisons between the options! icon14.gif

Guest barrold713

Thanks for the commentary Kump. I really like your site and appreciate the side by side comparison of the various mods. After Matt's hearty recommendation and easy to use compilation, I decided to DL the files, but your thumbs up is an indication that it was surely the right thing to do.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin