What about Germany?

PzGren

Hi. After playing the demo, I quickly purchased the full version of TacOps. I like this game! And as I am Lieutenant whith the German MechInf, I think, the game is rather realistic. Nevertheless, why are vital German units missing? Such as the Gepard, Roland or PzH 2000? Not to mention the Eurocopter Tiger? And I'm longing for German scenarios, too. When I got into the game, I might create some as well, but now, being relativly new on the game, I'm merely playing...

Yours,

Christian

One of your Kameraden posted a long list of suitable replacements for missing Bundeswehr equipment to the TacOps mailing list. You can look it up in the archives, I think, otherwise letme know.

You can use the "replace one unit" tool to make your own scenarios with German forces. If you want the AI to play the Germans the usual restrictions apply (not too different forces, and the plan is fixed on first save).

>why are vital German units missing?

Consider the German units to be a free bonus. Adding European units and equipment is on the wish list but other things on the list have higher priorities.

Just before v4 was released, I took a week to add a few critical Bundeswehr items. I did this partly as a favor to Major Ralf Pichocki (a reserve officer in the Bundeswehr) who helped with the final testing of v4 and partly in hopes of attracting a contract with the Bundeswehr to do more.

I am still waiting smile.gif .

Hi, Christian!

(Cool nick! I just checked your email, and - we seem to be real life neighbours! See private email for details. smile.gif )

> why are vital German units missing?

> Such as the Gepard, Roland or PzH 2000?

> Not to mention the Eurocopter Tiger?

It is true: The Major introduced some (IMO sufficient for now) German units after giving in to my (and others') pestering last year :cool:

We decided to put in especially those units having considerable differences to those already present in the game. When at last the Major even put the PAH into, I was "content" for my part. smile.gif

And, be assured, with the units present you can (more or less easily) build up a whole German Mechanized Brigade. I did so right now for my upcoming scenario. :D

Ad "Roland" and "Gepard": As air strikes are treated mainly "conceptionally" in the game anyway, it is sufficient to replace Roland = SA 13 Gopher and Gepard = ZSU 23-4.

Ad "PzH 2000": This *might* be a problem, but AFAIK many PzArtBtl - if not most - are still equipped with the M109 (admittedly a range-mended one against the US version, but this does not play a role in the game due to map size restrictions).

Ad "Tiger": I am not sure whether this one has finally been introduced. Has it? If yes, I am sure that you can find a replacement in the TacOps database. If you look for it, take into account that you can assign OPFOR material to the BLUE side, too. If you find a replacement, please let me know.

If you are (or anyone else is) interested in my "material replacement list" or my PzGrenBrig OOB, let me know, and I will send you a copy.

If you want to have a look at the other material so far available for my scenario, go to http://www.pichocki.de/download/LetzterAngriff

And, Major: I am still trying ;)

> when do you anticipate completing the scenario

Sometimes in the next weeks.

> or is it already ready to go?

Not yet. I completed the map - which was a big part of work because it is 28 km X 24 km with - no exaggeration - dozens of TacOps bridges in it; I completed the situations for BLUE and RED and the OOBs, as well as operational plans for their respective higher commands. I am working right now on the orders for BLUE and RED; and after this we are ready to go.

> In which case, is there an upcoming CPX?

Hoping that I don't charge me too much (I did RL exercises but no TacOps umpiring before), there will be three consecutive CPXs:

Part 1 will deal with recce and counter-recce,

part 2 will see an attack against a (hopefully well) prepared defense, and

part 3 will solve the whole thing to one side or the other...

Hi Pi,

Sounds interesting,please wait untill the end of march.

I have a series of exercises coming the last two weekends and mondays of this month.

It would be a pitty if I miss this party.

btw I recently got a phonecall from a highranking officer who was interested in tacops,(I did some promoting for the game on various websites including the engineers)in two weeks I have to do a demo presentation of tacops to the future bn commanders of our army.

This is the prelude to a final presentation om may 16 fot the general staff.

I hope to get a deal out of it...............