How do you paste a screenshot?

I did a search on this and didn't find anything.

So how can you paste a screenshot from CM into your post?

Sorry if it has been covered before...I just need to check your opinion on a screen I took ages ago from the beta...LOS just doesn't look right.

Thank you

Guest Pham

It needs to be up on the net somewhere(if you've got a homepage, just upload it there, or put it up at geocities.com or another free site).

Then, in the message text here use use:

img src="http://www.yourwebsite.com/directory_if_it's_in_one/picturename.jpg"

So if the link to it is www.geocities.com/91153/screenshot.jpg,

you'd just put that in the quotes in the example above.

Put a < before the word img, and a > after the last " and you should be all set.

But no way to post it if it isn't on the net right? Oh well, I'll just wait and create my homepage later... I swear LineOfSight is wrong on the pic. I've got a StugIII behind a ridge line. Only the turret emerges, and it is not buttoned. The tank commander should have clear line of sight over the ridge, yet LOS is blocked... It should even be able to fire...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PanzerLeader:

But no way to post it if it isn't on the net right? Oh well, I'll just wait and create my homepage later... I swear LineOfSight is wrong on the pic. I've got a StugIII behind a ridge line. Only the turret emerges, and it is not buttoned. The tank commander should have clear line of sight over the ridge, yet LOS is blocked... It should even be able to fire...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The LOS of the gunner may be blocked. I think he would need to see the target to shoot it. The commander would only say: "HEY, over there, shoot!" or something like that.

Pham

Your'e a genius. I search the forum for your posts to pickup tips to fix my buggy computer. The one about setting the swap file size and making the computer a server payed dividends :)

Don't forget to post my cheque for this testimonial as previously arranged ;) <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pham:

It needs to be up on the net somewhere(if you've got a homepage, just upload it there, or put it up at geocities.com or another free site).

Then, in the message text here use use:

img src="http://www.yourwebsite.com/directory_if_it's_in_one/picturename.jpg"

So if the link to it is www.geocities.com/91153/screenshot.jpg,

you'd just put that in the quotes in the example above.

Put a < before the word img, and a > after the last " and you should be all set.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CEO, thanx for the reply.

But here the question was that the Tank Commander, from his turret, should have LOS forward over the ridge. I didn't want to fire, I just wanted to see whether there was anybody over the ridge. Yet LOS seems to be calculated from lower than the TC so it didn't work. I moved it slightly forward, but then it wasn't in a good hull down position anymore and got wasted by 5 waiting Shermans it hadn't even seen 10 seconds before... mad.gif

That's something that could be improved...

If you want I can send you the picture so you can make your own opinion on the problem.

But here the question was that the Tank Commander, from his turret, should have LOS forward over the ridge. I didn't want to fire, I just wanted to see whether there was anybody over the ridge. Yet LOS seems to be calculated from lower than the TC so it didn't work. I moved it slightly forward, but then it wasn't in a good hull down position anymore and got wasted by 5 waiting Shermans it hadn't even seen 10 seconds before... mad.gif

If you want I can send you the picture so you can make your own opinion on the problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please do. I'd be interested in seeing it.

latvala@uswest.net

Thanks

If you want I can send you the picture so you can make your own opinion on the problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After further review, I think the commander of the vehicle should be able to see where your line of sight marker is. I can see the commander's head and arms; I would say that he should be able to see over the hill. Any other thoughts?

Is LOS figured from the center of the vehicle, from the commander, from the gunner, or a combination of the above?