Veteran vs. Regular

I'd say that for a beginner defending with regular infantry and attacking with veteran infantry is the best way to learn, but learning how to attack with regulars should be your goal. For armour/vehicles and artillery (including spotters) I personally don't think it's worth it, a veteran Panther is a lot of points to lose to a hidden PIAT. I've always been of the 'buy cheap armour - you get more and it blows up just as easily' school of thought though.

Always buy regs,heck buy greens if you can,ecspecially when playing me :D The greens might make it a challenge anyhow :rolleyes: Truthfully though,if im getting two platoons i will try to get one vet one reg.I havent in the past,but all in all its not that much more.It could make the difference between them breaking/routing or not.I agree with above post about buying vets in other categories.

In a tank vs tank game I am currently playing, the enemy has many veteran tanks. I have all regulars. CMBO

An example: In a recent firefight 2 of my regulars could not hit either the front or side of an enemy tank moving on a road, about 4 to six shots fired. Enemy veteran TC fires one maybe two shots while moving, at my hull down tank and kills it.

Is it my erroneous perception that regular TC seem to fire mgs first to range in, whereas veteran TC will fire the main gun? In any case the delay I have seen getting off the first shot when regs are up against vets has been lethal for the regs.

Historic but pathetic...... Toad

More experienced TCs and infantry have smaller and smaller command delays- something I've found quite useful. Veteran AFVs can move out of harm's way faster. I would also affirm that their gunnery is superior and well worth the point cost. Of course, If you want to use their guns for antipersonnel purposes, it might be wiser to buy more (cheaper) SP artillery.

To reiterate:

for me-

Tank vs. Tank= buy experienced crews.

Tank vs. Soft Delicate Flesh= anybody can pull a trigger.

:cool: