I Can See Clearly Now

Well I finally got around to installing an extra 32 MB of memory and a Voodoo 3 3000 card on my P1 233 MMX PC.

WOW!!!!!! Its like a new world opened up.

I really liked CM before, but I realized that I needed more juice for both playability and immersion reasons. I figured the choice was upgrade or not get CM.

An world class game just got geometrically better. More kudos to BTS. You have really married a phenomenal war game with a true sensory experience.

Glad to see ( biggrin.gif = Me) I made the right call.

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

yea i tried to install it on a friends puter with only 32 megs of memory and no 3d accelerator, It just broke my heart i'll tell ya, the graphics were awful the movement was jittery at best.

Gotta play this game with a good 3d accelerator and enough processor/memory to make it soar!

Guest Big Time Software

3D cards are pretty nice smile.gif It's been a long while since I played it in software mode. And if I have my way, it will stay that way forever biggrin.gif

Steve

Guest Tom punkrawk

*cry* frown.gif heh, playing CM sucks for me,I have a 200 mhz w/ 64 mbs of ram,but no 3d card,so it suckkkkkssssss asssssss

It's 4 seconds between when I click the button on my mouse before the game responds...blah

Ahh Punkrawk, I feel your pain. I started with a 133 mhz machine, 80 megs of memory and a 2 meg non-3d video card. I couldn't even scroll across the map. I had to guess a lot of s**t, and it took forever to process turns. I think my frame rate was something like 5 minutes per frame (not frames per minute), and I can't even count the number of dropped frames there must have been. But, I shelled out 100 clams at the local Wallyworld-Mart for the 16mb Voodoo 3d card, and (although it's still slow as hell) it is a whole new world. I can finally see the incoming shells and stuff like that. It's incredible. Can't wait for the gold version and june to come around to buy the new 1000mhz athlon or pentium system. And the wife thought I didn't pay enough attention to her now.... biggrin.gif

CrapGame out

(in the doghouse)

Got my new computer in august and what a relief. My old one was a 486 50Mhz with 4 MB RAM. 3d-card? Never heard of it before. Must be an advertising gimmick, I thought.

Havn't tried installing CM on my old computer, but I might just for laughs. Seeing the screen go black would just make me appreciate my new computer even more.

I havea PowerMac 6500/25o Mhz 96mb RAM and a 12mb Voodoo 2 card.

It's quick and responsive but I wish Voodoo 2's supported resolutions higher than 800x600. I know I could buy another V2 and run in 1024x768 but I'd rather wait until I get a new computer and get a Glaze 3D into that.

Also the image quality is decreased with the Voodoo 2. It's not as bright as screenshots I've seen.

------------------

Visit my Combat Mission for Mac page! Soon to have some exclusive screenshots courtesy of Madmatt!

CAR_12.tripod.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ebaker:

Is a 3d card that important for this game? I know having a card with more memory helps. I haven't seen any problems with my 166MMX 32 meg 16meg Voodoo Banshee card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but you are running with a 3d card. A pretty good one. That Banshee is a single texturing Voodoo 2. Nothing that I've seen in CM jumps out at me as crying for a multi-texturing card. Try it in sofware mode and you'll see why 3d acceloration is important.

And to tom punkrawk:

If you aren't upgrading for a while, then just go geta Voodoo I card. You can pick a generic up these days for $25 or $30 (if you are in the US). Anything faster will choke on that P200 anyway.

(oh, and by the way... All punk rock sucks after TSOL and DI switched to Metal mad.gif... Saw GBH wheezing their way through town a couple years ago and wanted to cry frown.gif).

Quote:

And to tom punkrawk:

If you aren't upgrading for a while, then just go geta Voodoo I card. You can pick a generic up these days for $25 or $30 (if you are in the US). Anything faster will choke on that P200 anyway.

I beg to differ here I had a 200mmx that I jsut sold that had a voodoo 3 2000 and the card ran great smile.gif BTW tom that is also a great buy right now very cheap < $75 if ya hunt

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out