Super Jeeps!

After extensive testing of all aspects of jeep fire and movement, I have come to the conclusion that jeeps are way too hard to knock out. This IMHO is an almost fatal flaw in the game. I am sure that their have been numerous posts in this forum, and that some individuals have devised strategies and or tactics to deal with them. That still doesn't make it ok that they are damn near impossible to take out when moving fast. also their accuracy while moving fast is absolutely unrealistic. I am sorry but this game is fatally flawed due to the jeeps ability to move fast and shoot accurately. For their cost they are way too strong and need to be weakened. _-tink-

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

There have indeed been many posts very similar to yours. A search will reveal this.

However proper allocation of resources can easily render a jeep "knocked out". Besides if you play PBEM most opponents will not usually resort to the "gamey" tactics that jeeps are known for, at least in my experience anyway. Its too bad that jeeps have ruined the game for you so much. But each to his own. smile.gif

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Guest Shatter50

I have used and fought jeeps, and a small group of infantry will make short work of them as well as tank machineguns main guns have a little trouble hitting jeeps.

Yes, I mean MG jeeps. I am running version 1.05. My friend and I did a test It was an open flat field. We had heavy MG's (equal points worth)vs. MG's jeeps. Here is the discrepancy: MG's were placed, not dug in, jeeps advanced at fast speed,and by the end of turn two ALL of the MG's were either eliminated, routed or broken. BTW their were 10 jeeps, and however many MG's that are approximately equivalent in point cost. Only one jeep was abandoned. Next trial same exact setup but jeeps advanced at normal speed. By the end of turn two this time, ALL of the jeeps were abandoned or eliminated, and only two machineguns were affected and they were affected only by lesser morale states, either alerted or cautious. In the first trial the jeeps sighted first and got the first shots in. The second trial it was the MG's that sighted and shot first. This description was for the first time we tested said setup. We couldn't believe that one increment of speed made such a difference. So we repeated this test setup 3 more times, each time with similar results. Why can a jeep moving fast sight better AND fire more accurately?????? I would be interested to hear from anyone who repeats this test. Granted this was a sterile and controlled setup BUT I still would like some comments on speed vs. sighting and accuracy. Thanks for putting up with this whine.-tink- PS: These were regulars, both sides.

------------------

"Reality is created by the participation of the participants."- John Wheeler