New Info Bar MOD First Looks, Suggestions...

I have been pretty bored lately, so I started on making a new info bar mod. All suggestions welcome. As you can tell it is still a work-in-progress. Also, if anyone knows someone who wants to host this when I am done, it would be appreciated.

newbar.jpg

stimpy

It looks very clean. Very attractive. However, it looks a little to clean. Maybe try to dingy it up a bit. I would consider something other than the brushed aluminum bit as well. One other thing, I don't agree with the yellow/black business around the "GO" button.

It looks like you put some time into this and it shows. Bravo. I wish I had the know how to do such a thing.

Hi Stimpy!

Hmmm. Looks pretty cool! Of course the acid test is how does it look in the game. It's tough because the interface has to be somewhat prominent, yet never overshadow the 3D screen.

What I'm really interested in is seeing the unit info screen done this way. Have you done that, Stimpy? I doubt that I would install just 1 screen, it would clash with the other, no matter what version it is.

Can you post the unit info screen somewhere so we can have a look?

Finally, I'm glad someone else is getting into this interface business. More variety is always good, I think. So keep up the good work, Stimpy, and let us know when the unit info screen is ready!

(edit) As far as hosting goes, get that Unit Info screen ready! If it looks as good as the Battle Info screen I will host it on my site, and try to build some interest for it, no problem. People know me for interface mods here so that or Madmatt is your best solution.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

[This message has been edited by deanco (edited 12-11-2000).]

deanco:

I have the unit info screen in there too. It is just a little further behind with all the tiny cutouts that need thrown in there. I also have the VCR buttons done. It all sits as one multilayer file in Photoshop for the cuttin'. I'll post up some more screens of these later in the day once I make a few more tweaks on the text BMPs.

I do agree it is pretty bright compared to the rest of the game, unless you play a snow board. But it was a first go. I have ideas for new ones after this.

Thanks again,

stimpy

Looks good and I am sure the finish product will look even better.

What I would like to see or have done away with is to have only my morale and victory information known. I think I saw this posted before but I am not sure. I did a search on Morale Victory and didn't see it. Not sure if Victory information is needed as the flags in part give you this information.

Thoughts or MODS if it is already availiable welcomed.

Later, Earl_8-0

Yo Stimpy,

Cool. Hey, don't worry if it's too bright or too anything. People said my first attempt at an interface hurt their eyes!! Well, I took that info and went back to the drawing board and made a better one. So don't worry about criticism, just finish all that hard work and mail it to me. I'm sure there will be some people that will like it just the way it is. Then you can go back and improve on it to make it even better.