Other nations

Guest Sofos

Guest Sofos

Since some people tend to forget that it wasn't just the Americans Russians British or Germans that fought in WW2 I would like to ask if we are going to see other nations simulated.There were some fierce fighting in the Italian-Greek front and in the invasion of Poland, Norway and other countries which are ovelooked most of the time since they do not sell enough.

That would be cool! A close friend is from Greece and very interested in the fighting that took place there in WW2. Whenever we talk about that topic he quickly mentios the "Metaxa Line" where the Greek army performs an desperate holding action against the axis assault. I keep doing a bit of mocking then "Ahh, Metaxa-Line. Is it where the Cognac comes from?"

AFAIK, BTS is planing a CM version which covers the early stages of WW2 (probably CM3 or 4)where many minor countries were involved.

Well, it is worth noting that CM does model all *six* of the armies that fought in Normandy, including the oft-overlooked Poles, Free French and Canadian Armies. I expect that they will carry this attention to history to their other projects. Far too often, war games (and even 'history' books), have it as the Americans vs. Germans in Normandy.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sofos:

Since some people tend to forget that it wasn't just the Americans Russians British or Germans that fought in WW2 I would like to ask if we are going to see other nations simulated.There were some fierce fighting in the Italian-Greek front and in the invasion of Poland, Norway and other countries which are ovelooked most of the time since they do not sell enough.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM2 - Soviet Union 41-45

CM3 - Italy

CM4 - Africa

CM5 - early war (4 and 5 these two could be the other way round)

That is my recollection. You can also do a search. I am not sure if the campaign in Greece will be involved, but would hope so.

------------------

Andreas

Hi Guys, I believe BTS has it all covered except no plans for the Pacific Theator.

CM2-Eastern Front including Finland

CM3-Mediterranean Theater including the Baltics,Italy and North Africa.

CM4-Early War in the West.

Keep the sales coming I really want CM4.

CM2: East Front

CM3: Mediteranian Front (includes North Africa)

CM4: Early war, 39-40 (Poland and France)

CM5: Korean War, Vietnam

CM6: Modern Combat (Post Vietnam)

CM7: Pacific Front (result of continuous blasting by Pacific Front fanatics).

CM8: Scrubbed, was to be Star Wars, but Steve and Charles threaten to walk out, title canceled.

-----

Combat Command (CC) (by this time, no one remembers that other CC) then introduced, bigger, badder, meaner, able to support multiple parallel processors. You can almost smell the smoke...

CC1: West Front, Even More Beyond Overlord

CC2: East Front

CC3:.....