This forum is REFRESHING!

JimJ

Just my $0.02 worth here... I am so tired of discussion forums that allow virtually any language and/or topic. It is refreshing to come here and see a forum that is 90+% on topic and flame-free!

I love the game, I love the forum!!!

WTG Charles for handling "Swamp" thing smile.gif

One question for you BTS guys... PTO?

I will gladly cough up another $50.00+ bucks for PTO smile.gif

-Jim

I think, it'll be CM:5, but don't qoute me on it. That puts it half a decade in the future but until then, you get the Russian Front, the Italian Campaign and the Early War to keep you occupied.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Pacific CM, if it is ever done, would not be seen for quite some time. Current plans are (IIRC)...

Eastern Front (CM2)

North Africa/Mediterannian (CM3)

Early War Years (CM4)

So if they did a PTO version, as EM mentioned, it would be at least as far back as CM5. BTS has, from what I know, made absolutely no promises, but they haven't ruled it out 100% either.

I suppose it would not be helpful for me to say "I want them all, and now! Here is my $200.00+ buckeroos"...

Ahhh... well... I will sit back and enjoy what I have while I wait with baited breath for the chance to launch an amphibous assault on Tarawa or Iwo Jima... Maybe even some fictional landings on Japanese soil...

Where can I get info on upcoming CM products? I would love to see what BTS is cooking up for Eastern Front...

-Jim

Steve is actually on record saying that BTS will not develop a PTO implementation of Combat Mission. Sad but true.

Checkout the nascent CM FAQ: cm4mac.tripod.com. For the full, bloody story, try searching on "PTO" or "Marines".

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 09-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimJ:

Just my $0.02 worth here... I am so tired of discussion forums that allow virtually any language and/or topic. It is refreshing to come here and see a forum that is 90+% on topic and flame-free!

-Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it's not entirely flame-free (we're not THAT boring wink.gif I agree with you. But just try telling this to some of the partypoopers who have cursed us for our wicked ways and left in a huff frown.gif

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

Well I feel the same. There is some flaming, and some cursing, but for an open forum it is rather well self regulated. Which, I've put in my two cents worth in other threads. CMBO has managed to attract both ole timers from the SL-ASL/AHIKS days along with the puter wize kids born with a laptop in hand, and the result is a rather refreshing community. BTS certainly deserves the kudo's it is getting. "Once in a while", or "on rare occasion" are the lead-in's you read, and BTS's CMBO is that "once in a while, rare occasion you read about. They hit a home run right outa the park, and the community that is now springing up around this game contains I believe, the best of the crowd. smile.gif

------------------

"Mer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Not being one to frequent anykind of "forum"-- CM's has been very good over the last couple years.

I guess with these things, you always get the occasional jack-arse and ignorant fool (I'll let you fill in the names), but CM has a knowlegable and fun community.

Yes, alot of folks have "departed" but I still browse for informative posts or the occasional taunting.

Stoner