PZ Elite

iggi

Man , I bought Panzer Elite and it runs slow on my pIII450. I thought this would hold me over until CM. I find I'm having more fun playing the CM beta more.

I bought PzElite to get a tanker's perspective. Someone please tell me that there's just a large learning curve. that things will get better.

Iggi,

The learning curve is steep, but there is a lot of help available. First of all, since I don't have your exact configuration I suggest you go to the Wings Panzer Elite site (www.wingssimulations.com) and post the FULL particulars of your system configuration in the General Discussions or Technical Discussions area. Someone WILL answer you with suggestions on what you need to do to get PE running properly on your system. Also, there are some formidable enhancements out already, both in the Panzer Elite Development Group (link from Wings home page, then Panzer Packs) and from Michael Y. (www.ozemail.com.au/~pref8u/PE.htm). These provide whole new realms of sim experience, by adding immersive sound,dozens of new vehicles, fixing glitches, etc. Be sure to install the 1.07 patch first. A 1.8 patch is due out shortly. I believe it'll include a tank gunnery range, too. Until then, play a non-instant scenario, but set the realism settings to a level in which you can function effectively. Alternatively, take a Tiger, but realize you can still die.

Hope this helps. Feel free to E-mail me directly if you need more info.

Regards,

John

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

Man , I bought Panzer Elite and it runs slow on my pIII450. I thought this would hold me over until CM. I find I'm having more fun playing the CM beta more.

I bought PzElite to get a tanker's perspective. Someone please tell me that there's just a large learning curve. that things will get better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I ran it on my Celeron-433 with only 64Mg RAM at the time but with a 32Mg DV770 TNT2 Ultra and it ran fine. I'm up to 128 Mg now.

Might be something related to the patched state of the game or maybe your drivers for your hardware.

Thanks for the links. I was more concerned with the slowness because I have a PIII450 256MG Ram, voodoo3(I had pick direct 3d in the 3D options). I had just bought the game, jumped into instant action and tried playing it with a mouse only.(I downloaded the patch) I had not read the manual smile.gif ...but the speed hit was what really worried me. Usually I go through the F keys and the number keys, enter etc..trying to find my way around.

Even CM was ackward at first so I am far from giving up hope. I wasn't giving a review, it was just a fast first impression.

This is probably a detailed simulation type game that demands more studying.

Now I have PZ Elite, waiting for Sudden strike, WW2 online and of course CM. The winter will go by fast.

Thanks for the help.