Things are getting serious...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well - ring around the rosie a pocket full of spears! Thought you were pretty foxy, eh? Well...sorry I thought this was the Wizard of Oz Forum.

Uh, anyway, This is a little OT for this particular thread, but I gotta say I played the "No Better Spot to Die" scenario adapted from ASL by MrBerlesque and it was pretty cool. I forced an Allied surrender on turn 17. I won't give any spoilers in case some of you fatheads are planning on playing it, but just wanted to mention that the game plays pretty well. The time constraints seem just right. Only one problem is that the "Bogus" flags were visible, so you know which building to go for. I played it as if I was simply assualting the village, rather than going for a particular building tho so that minor thing didn't really effect how I played.

Which brings me to a point about the length of typical scenarios. I think they are tooo long. I think this because when playing the AI or Elvis, in lets say a 30 turn game, I have usually won by turn 15. What are the other 15 turns for? Drinking beer from the skulls of the vanquished?

Now playing against Berlesque I would like the game to be shorter too so he has lest time to kill absolutely everything, even the company mascot.

Anyway, Good Job on the ASL scenarios Berli, keep em coming. It was really cool to look at the map and then look at the board I used to move those damn cardboard counters around on and say to myself "So thats what that was supposed to look like."

and Elvis: Die a lot now.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

See? See what happens when your opponent decides to come from another direction? Chaos ensues! People die horrible screaming deaths and/or let go of their bladders. Now that I've taught you that lesson could you now please line up and die like ...what? oh yes, sorry my bad. You ARE lined up and dying all over the place.

And Mr I-think-you've-set-up-your-pillboxes-the-wrong-way-ooops-I-have-tanks-behind-me...

Hah! You're leading (for lack of a better word) PARAS! They usually land BEHIND enemy lines. Therefore, most fixed defenses ARE pointing the other way, that is the whole point of using airborne troops. OK?

Otoh, instead of going after each other, maybe we should hunt down and kill Moon for creating this sick, twisted scenario. I may be in love with him.

I haven't had this much fun since I ripped the innards out of a smilie. Ten minutes ago.

It looked a bit like this wink.gif

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

Just recieved this message from Doghouse about the QB we are playing...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I can't understand a word they are saying, it's all in polish.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd help you out and translate for you. What they are saying (and there are a few variations, but all on the same theme) is: "Argh! we are being led by Col. Doghouseski! We are all going to die!"

I hope that clears it up for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Just recieved this message from Doghouse about the QB we are playing...

I can't understand a word they are saying, it's all in polish.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd help you out and translate for you. What they are saying (and there are a few variations, but all on the same theme) is: "Argh! we are being led by Col. Doghouseski! We are all going to die!"

I hope that clears it up for you.

You know, that's about what I thought they were saying. I must commend BTS on the graphics though. When you zoom in to my squads and look at them up close, you can actually see the panic in their eyes. I think a few have actually been seen giving the sign of the cross before heading off to die.....umm, err, I mean fight.

And BTS, I'm especially impressed at the fact that you've include soiled pants in my version of the game. Did you do that just for me?

OK all of you!!

As I finally got the game AND some time to play it, I'd like to show you the true meaning of defeat, soiled pants, smiley torture, badly executed suicide attacks and other mishaps. I have played only Sunken Lane and Blakedown so far. So if you have some time left and don't mind reading a horribly distorted AAR on my website after the battle, please send me a setup!!

smile.gif

------------------

visit lindan.panzershark.com

member of the Combat Mision webring

• 1 month later...

I just thought I would bump this thread as it has some of the funniest postings you'll ever read on this board (i.e. the pre-hamster era) plus a sensational photograph on page 2 I'm sure all you newbies will enjoy. :P

Regards

Jim R.

------------------

Whoa mule, WHOA!.....when ah sez Whoa ahz mean WHOA!!! ....Whang....

Ya flea bitten varmit...

Ah hate dat Wabbit! (or Gerbil or Hampster or Rattus Rattus...insert preference)