Combat Mission Interview

Our own David has been busy setting up an interview for you guys, Id Software's early 3D games shocked the world with their high quality graphics and successful word-of-mouth marketing, but few companies have followed in their footsteps. Here's your chance to meet the president of a company that did.

Big Time Software's Charles Moylan had an interview with Guru3D

recently. We discussed trends in video gaming, marketing, 3D technology, and what it takes to form an independent video game company on a budget. We also spoke about the game many critics are calling the best computer wargame of all time, Big Time Software's incredible Combat Mission. Here's one comment about 3D hardware vendors:

"I've been very pleasantly surprised. The best part is when I get an

email from a gamer mentioning a possible conflict between Combat Mission and a 3D driver, and then I realize that the email's author is the guy who writes the 3D drivers and he's going to fix the problem that same day!"

Read the complete article right here ... http://guru3d.com/interview/combatmission/

Hilbert Hagedoorn - The Guru of 3D website

Guest dirkd1976

Good interview. I was excited to see that sometime down the line he would like to make a game with current battlefield weapons. I can't wait for CM2!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Yes, very nice. One of the few reviews to post some decent screen shots (someone's been loading modpaks!).

Can't wait to get some T-80s in my sights...

SOMEDAY... I would spend some serious cash for a CM-style construction kit that allowed creation of other armies and units, so I could use this engine for the Crimea, Spanish-American War, the Albigensian Crusade... someday....

The pics were provided by CMHQ. They asked we said "Knock yourselves out!" He picked some cool ones too, sometimes even I forgot what is in the POTD archives! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Good interview. Actually asked the questions I wanted asked and gave the right answers as well. I particularly liked the news that after TCIP its onto CM2 (I hope that means full time). I would hate to see the completed (in my view) CM get constantly patched distracting BTS from CM2.

_dumbo