Where is Riesberg?

Guest Big Time Software

As one of my old bosses used to say when you asked were something was:

"up your butt!"

Very interesting woman smile.gif

Seriously, Riesberg is a made up name. The map was made by one of Wild Bill's Raiders, Dick Reece. I tweaked the map and changed the units, but the scenario was inspired by the scenario made by him. So every place needs a name, and therefore Riesberg was a fitting tribute to Dick for the great map wink.gif

Steve

Well Reisberg is a pretty ahistorical scenario. More reasonable would be to take away one of the US platoons and give them 2 more FO units with a lot more ammo plus some big stuff and some tacair for good measure. Then at the first sign of resistance they can plaster the place for 10-15 turns and then roll up to accept the surrender of whatevers left. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... yeah, that would be if they expected trouble. But when the front collapsed the Allied forces were moving too quickly on all fronts to do this. Generally the US advance was "reckless" in a traditional military sense. But... it worked far more often than it failed. The failures, however, were pretty bloody. I've read of more than a few late war battles where the US forces in particular were decimated trying to take some meaningless objective simply because they were caught spread out and illprepared for resistance. In one case it lead US forces to execute over a hundred prisoners that finally gave up after quite a bloody fight. Riesberg was designed to be one of these nasty encounters where the US simply assumed that nobody would shoot back. THEN they would lick their wounds and call in the heavy stuff to remove the problem off the face of the Earth wink.gif

Steve

Steve said: " <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>In one case it lead US forces to execute over a hundred prisoners that finally gave up after quite a bloody fight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, crap. I hope Fof4 doesn't decide to take the battle THIS seriously.

Hey, Fof4, if you're out there..uh..how 'bout them Rams?

DjB {wondering how much Madmatt would charge to play bodyguard}

Ah, but wait till the full version with editor comes out! My first project will be the Horribly Unbalanced Revenge Type Scenarios from BetA Demo (HURTSBAD):

Sir! We have all this 8" and 155mm ammo lying around and the war is almost over! Be a big pain in the ass to have to lug it all back home.

Hmmm. It would be a damn shame to let all that ammo go to waste... And we just happen to have some Crocodiles and Sherman Jumbos handy... Let's pay a little, ah, 'visit' to Riesburg.... Teach the local Ratzis a lesson!!! Ah HAHAHAHA!!!

PS. We really ned the Sturmtiger in the expansion so that I can set up a Last Defence variant in which one can destroy the reinforcement platoon and all three Hellcats with one shot!!!!

biggrin.gif