AI and Halftracks?

Guest Michael emrys

In several of the scenarios that come on the disk (l' Abbey Blanche is one), the German infantry arrives in halftracks, debusses in safe terrain, and advances on foot. Sound tactics, I'd say.

Michael

Yes,

As for reinforcements the AI does load infantry and support weapons (MGs, bazookas, etc) in HTs and then debarks them so they can hoof it to the battle.

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

I have seen in several scenarios the Germans do that exact thing and very effectively in all the cases. I really enjoyed being suprised by the Germans in there half tracks and supporting tanks in one particular scenario. The battle that followed without giving anything away because of the section we are in was simply tension filled right down to the last bazooka and soldiers. This is one of the few computer war games that really gives that tension that I have felt for the last couple of years playing ASL, I don't know if it's better, but it sure is great.

Have a good one.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I haven't seen anyone in any AI halftracks, it would be to the AI's advantage to do so!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep in mind that in some of the medium and smaller scenarios the HTs are considered to have reached the dis-embarkation point, and what you see is the beggining of the assault on foot.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive