Tanks and the bocage

Guest Michael emrys

Since I haven't tried this yet, I have a question. Once a tank with Rhino has penetrated a bocage tile, can other units move through that tile freely, including other vehicular units?

BTW, IIRC according to the accounts I've read it wasn't that German tanks couldn't cross bocage, it was that they exposed their thinly armored bellies as they went up and over. Same was true of American tanks before Rhino (Did the Brits ever use it? I can't remember.)

Michael

Guest Germanboy

And most of this has been answered time and again before, pointers to be found in the 'Rhinos and Bocage' thread, currently on page two of this forum.

Don't think the Commonwealth used them.

Andreas (junior member of Jason and the Searchonauts)

Guest Michael emrys

Look. Why not just give me a simple yes or no. That would take you less time than it takes me to go through a *very* lengthy discussion only to discover that my question isn't answered at all: Can other units, including vehicles pass through gaps created by Rhino tanks? Jeez.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

Chris, I thank you for the courtesy of your reply. although I have never played CC and am not familiar with how they treat the subject, I think I know what you intend to say. I thought from my reading on the subject that the gaps in the hedges opened by Rhino tanks could be utilized by other vehicles, but perhaps more research is indicated.

On the other matter, I think it is extremely rude behavior, bordering on contempt, to give someone the runaround when they have asked a simple and direct question. I was not seeking a reopening of the whole discusion on Rhino tanks and all their ramifications. And I certainly wasn't looking to spend a diverting hour in the archive. Given that, my response to an infuriating lack of consideration was mild indeed. I used no abusive language and never called into question either the poster's intelligence or parentage. You might take that into consideration the next time you feel the urge to mind my manners.

Michael