Big Assed Ungodly HUGE Texture UPDATE on CMHQ!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

How does TWENTY TWO new winter textures catch ya? eek.gif

Well that's what I got and if you want them then you know where to go and what to do!

megawintertn.jpg

Madmatt

p.s. Hey Foobar? Are you an idiot? wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-11-2000).]

Crossfire..

not in my experience so far, they have only shown up when there is snow on the ground smile.gif

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-12-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Its no biggie, its the same picture as the POTD and there are three onther links that point to it...For completeness sake though, it has been fixed...

For the record: Winter textures (if they are done properly) do not overwrite any files on Combat Mission. The game ONLY loads them when there is SNOW ON THE GROUND. The time of day, year etc... does not matter. It can even BE SNOWING but if there ain't no snow on the ground you don't get these textures.

If when you apply them you get a overwrite file message look at what file it's overwritting. If it has a "1" in the front then its simply overwriting another snow texture file (snow textures ALWAYS have a 1 at the front).

Madmatt...

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

THANKS!!! for the Mac textures. My only problemo is that AhOLe keeps bumping me off before the 17 Meg d/l finishes. Oh well, one day when I get my cable modem and the winning lottery numbers BEFORE the drawing and pigs fly...

EZ

I've been trying to d/l a variety of items from the CMHQ site for sometime, but i can't access any of the links. I'm taken to the new page but it just loads the banner at the top then 'document done' and thats it. I'm using Netscape as my browser and i am accepting cookies. Any suggestions?

I'd like to d/l a lot of these mods they sound great.

Yours,

Guest Madmatt

Dreghorn,

TGN is aware of an compatability issue with their use of Banners (Top and Bottom) that is causing some issues with some versions of Netscape. My recommendation is twofold.

1) You can repeatedly hit refresh and this will usually load the full page after a while.

2) Use IE, Internet Explorer has ZERO problems with my page.

As to the Mac Conversions on CMHQ. Currently we only have the graphics from the MDMP-1 converted. The MDMP-1 sounds are also done and undergoing testing but should be ready by weeks end. We will not be 'officialy' converting the third party mods to Mac format but that doesn't mean it won't get done. Just not by us...officialy.. This process is amazingly time consuming...

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-12-2000).]

Great job with the Mod Packs! I finally got around to updating my wav's - one word: Immersive! I duck when I hear the rifle fire, as it brings me back to the ranges and hunting camp (although we didn't have MG42's out there!). One question about the new arty explosions: Are they supposed to be quieter and sound like breaking glass (even when in an open field)? Those are the only original sound files I'll be keeping. Keep up the good work!

Guest Madmatt

The explosions were just amplified for the most part. I think only two or three were replaced outright...

If you feel adventerous you can browse your WAV folder and play the explosions to try and isolate whatever ones you don't like. IIRC the explosions are from 00000200.wav to around 00000230.wav

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Excellent! So these are completely new textures that don't replace original ones. Are there any other secret graphic codes we can use? I'd love to add camo helmet covers for the Germans; splinter for the Heer and spotty for the SS but I think there's only one texture slot for all. Any way around this??

Cheers,

Durruti

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Madmatt

p.s. Hey Foobar? Are you an idiot? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You insufferable ass.... I must smite you down now....

Guest Madmatt

Because I don't wanna! And that would mean that everytime someone releases a new texture I would have to update the zip file up on my server and redo it all over again.

So why don't you you quit your bitching and just accept it the way it is! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

amen,

I for one wouldn't want to have to download a 3 meg file everytime a single vehicle was added.

I like the way it is. You get a screenshot of the new texture, and can pick and choose which ones you want.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring