A quibble with the map generator

I personally feel that there needs to be an option between moderate and heavy trees. I find moderate to be so open that an attacker is limited to one or 2 approach routes (a bigger problemnow that TRPs are cheaper, ask my recent opponents :) ). On the other hand, the heavy option covers most of the map, leaving AFVs very limited in there usefulness. I'd just like to be able to get something about halfway in between for a quick battle.

Anyone out there agree with me?

You could use the "auto generate" function in the scenario editor to do most of the work for you and then edit the map to your liking in terms of tree coverage and such.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I've thought of using the scenerio editor, but you can't do a quick battle on a premade map. You'd have to buy the forces for both sides and it takes some of the fun ou of a game if you know the exact enemy force.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something I'd really like - the ability to make a map, and then fight a quick battle on it. I like the element of "surprise" in not knowing what the enemy has (or, in fact, what you'll end up with). biggrin.gif

------------------

Jeremy Sadler

[This message has been edited by Jeremy Sadler (edited 12-29-2000).]

Juardis and myself are engaged in such a battle. We generated a map, and then the allied bought first. This way when I send the map back to him, the force purchase defaults to the axis and he won't see my stuff. I trust him not to look at my stuff by clicking over to allied. It takes the fun out of the game if you cheat.

However--

I have also been a free agent in another battle between Major Tactic and Juardis. They generated a map-- looked it over, and then sent me their OOB. I plug it in and tourney save it-- nobody but me is the wiser. This also ensures both parties abide by the Rule of 76...