Best Game Against the Computer?

I was just wondering what everyone's personal best against the AI is?

Mine is as the Germans in VoT, Full Fog of War, Computer free to place units, and default play balance. I changed up the bunker placement radically, and did a few probing attacks (which yielded the majority of my casualties). If I had held back totally on the defensive the casualties would have been even lower. But then, who's to say the probing attacks didn't throw the AI off it's game?

24casualties (8 KIAs)

1 bunker Knocked out

1 Inf Gun Knocked out

1 mortar Knocked out

I forget the score. But, I think that this is the lowest number of KIAs I've ever had in any DEMO scenario. I was proud I protected my men and most will live to see...another battle! smile.gif

I can't remember how many kills I suffered (I know it was 10 or less), but one of my proudest moments on the gold demo came when I beat the Germans in VoT when they were pumped up 150%. Granted, I did still outnumber them with tanks and artillery, but they had quite a few mg's, several 75mm bunkers and 3 Panthers... I ended up with a 90 or 91 score with a total victory and lost only one Sherman. Of course, on the old beta demo, my proudest moment came in the Last Defense scenario, but the new members don't know anything about that one, so I'll leave it be smile.gif

On CE as Amis, free to place, equal strength, I caused 178 casualties against 6 of my own, with 2 deaths. I KOd all their Stugs, for the loss of 1 Sherm. Final score, 92-8, German surrender. Can anyone beat that?

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

CE as Americans, equal strength, free to place? I beat the AI 99 to 1, with it surrendering on about turn 30 (Axis: 185 Casualties (58 KIA), 29 Captured, 3 Vehicles KO (the StuGs), Men OK 40. Allies: 8 casualties (3 KIA), Men OK 224). One hull-down Sherman killed all three StuGs with four shots. The last StuG hit the Sherman simultaneously with the Sherman's killing shot, but the shot had no effect on the Sherman despite causing armor flaking.

Guest MantaRay

I had a 94-6 on CE as both countries. Strangely that is my best score for both, but the German one was more satifying. Must be the Stugs.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hmm.. In VoT, as allies, i manageed with 19casulties (3 KIA) and a score of 94... the enemy surrendered in turn 26 biggrin.gif

i must admit a .... bit of luck was involved, as one of my 105 shermies killed the panther with a single shot right from the hill my arty spotters were standing too.. all across the map... never knew this was possible confused.gif

-- TargetDrone

who doesn't want to draw attention....

especially from guys with big guns....

The third time I played VoT, second time as Axis, I scored as follows:

Allies Axis

193 (61 kia) 14 (3 kia)

47 captured 1 gun

3 mortars

6 AFVs

59 ok 191 ok

6 pt. 94 pt

Axis Total Victory

As I recall, the AI spent all of his artillery smoking my AT pillbox and Panther.