A salute to da boys

Charles, Steve...

thank you for a wargamers dream come true...

thank you for the Game of the Year...

Like once H.G. Wells did with "Little Wars" you did in the new millennium with CM.

Not only a milestone in wargaming, but a milestone in dedication to the customers...

A salute to you and all the people who made it real...Fionn, Madmatt, Moon, the beta testers and all others that contributed...

Deeply impressed

Fred

I see your point Fionn, but in germany we have an old saying:

"Was stört es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich ein Wildschwein daran reibt."

"It does not trouble a proud oak, if a wild boar rubs its fur on it." wink.gif

Fred

Not a bad saying at all Fred but I've had a rough past couple of months in Real Life and I actively tried to avoid various flamewars here over the past few months.

It seems that people aren't content with that though and continue to seek me out so... proud oaks can transplant themselves and take themselves out of boar territory.

Anyways, I don't want to get into it here. I don't want anyone else saying I've given them a green light for some rabid attack or other.

------------------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act impolitely and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

Guest Gunnerdream

Ahhh, Fionn.

Remember, "one or two bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch".

It is my personal belief that the vast majority of the people that post here are truly grateful for what you have contributed to this wonderful game (including myself).

I for one seriously doubt that it would have been as good without your input.

To paraphrase that wacky Axl Rose, "Peel those bitches off your back!" wink.gif

Peace,

Gunnerdream...floating down through the clouds...

Yes, and what do I get for it? Well, you have seen a small part of what I get for my "participation". Would you put up with it Gunnerdream?

Would you sit here like a big fat-ass target unable to defend yourself if someone comes sailing in swinging?

In the abstract it is easy to say yes but until you've had to sit here and watch people lay into you you don't know how hard it is to simply sit here like a fool and take it.

------------------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act impolitely and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

Hey Fionn,

I agree with the others. Your knowledge,insight, and time that you have put into CM and the CMMC is most welcome.

But you can't walk through the woods without picking up a few ticks.

Lorak

P.S.

and no I haven't gone soft... Our Blood fued is still on! wink.gif

"Morior invictus" -- clan O'Gairbit

The only way to avoid ticks is to avoid the woods.

BTW, care for a Gold Demo game Saxon cur? I'll be any side in any scenario but I'd prefer to play the new scenario since it is, after all, new and I have only played it once fully through.

Saxon!!

Go gcreime na grainneoga cealgrunacha do bhall Fearga!!!

Mo chara is mo lao thu!

Tabhair dom do lamh

Lorak

P.S. Fine with me. I haven't played "the valley" yet so just e-mail me a setup.

LRMcGarvey@yahoo.com

P.S.S. I guess loosing to a Celt isn't so bad.. Hell they had to save the planet in "battlefield earth" too.. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 05-10-2000).]

Hehe wink.gif,

Nah. You do your setup first Lorak. I don't want to pick the side in this game. i'd rather "make do" with what I get.

------------------

Searching...Searching...He found death... torn apart by rabid penguins..

LOL... ok ya Doxie. Will send you the Setup in the morning, well morning american time. I'll try not to make a hames of the job.

Go bpleasca do chuid naimhde do thoin bheagmhaitheasach!

Lorak <------caffler

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 05-10-2000).]

ok... now that I've dug this hole.

This is where my PBEM oppenents can chime in on how bad I am. Maybe Fionn will play with half his brain tied behind his back?

wink.gif

Mirior invictus!

Lorak

saxon?

" The Garvey name is ancient, traceable to pre-christian times. The anglicized Garvey derives from Gairbhe, Prince of Murrisk, and means "Warlike". Traceable from Carbrey Liffecar, who was leader (*monarch) of all Ireland c. AD 300.

Back to the original topic of this post:

Congrajalations to all the people on the CM project. You have made a truly excellent game, by far the best wargame I have ever played. Almost there...

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton 1920

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks Fred and all!

I am closing this one up though. There is no need to spread the misery of a flame war into a totally unrelated thread. In fact, there is no need to flame in the first place.

Steve