Problem with TacOps4 and Norton's 2003?

SGT Casey

I installed the newest version of Norton's SystemWorks and Norton's Internet Security last weekend. On Monday when I tried to run Combat Mission Beyond Overlord, it wouldn't work. I disabled both and it would work. Weird, I thought, but oh well! Anyway, I tried to run TacOps4 last night and I was able to get all the way to the part where you place your forces and nothing. The screen would sit there, I'd see the map, but I didn't have the window with the available units for me to place. I tried just about everything I could think of but I was unable to get any further in the game. I completely uninstalled both Norton's programs and TacOps4 worked. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm back to Norton's 2002 and both programs are working. Just thought I'd let you all know there might be a problem.

Dave

Thanks. I have no idea what that might be about.

What version of Windows are you using?

Which scenario was it that hung or was it all scenarios?

What mode of play did you select? If you inadvertantly selected the boxes for joining a multiplayer game then it would have been correct for the program to show the map while not showing a setup window full of units.

I'm using Windows XP Home version. It happened with several different scenarios. I'd picked solitaire play. And no, I didn't know I could reposition the window. If I've got time this weekend (it's drill weekend, so I probably won't), I'll reinstall the 2003 version of Norton's and tinker around a bit with it.

Dave