Mix and Match

I was just wondering about mixing forces when playing the Allies. What is the propper etiquette on mixing forces i.e. can you have french tanks with british paratroopers and American arty - I know you can in the game but what is the oppinion of this knowledgeable board? - Was it historically possible, do you think it's alright.

THANX

------------------

Tread lightly, lest ye step in ****

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phil the Dill:

I was just wondering about mixing forces when playing the Allies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should not really be done, IMO. On CM's level mixing did occur very rarely, if at all. Opens the door to all sorts of cherrypicking, too. The same goes for mixing and matching German branches of service, again IMO.

------------------

Andreas

Guest ckoharik

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Germanboy wrote:

The same goes for mixing and matching German branches of service, again IMO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mixing German forces I would say is a whole lot more allowalbe than mixing the Allied units. Say, I have a unit of Volksturm holding a line being supported by a detachment of SS armor. That too me would seem very believeable. My opinion.

The mixing of forces did occur in very specific situations. As an example: During Operation Market-Garden (A Bridge Too Far) US Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division captured the bridges at Nijmegen while supported by British tanks from XXX Corps.

Such situations are unusual though. So I would recommend using caution when mixing forces.

"...can you have french tanks with british paratroopers and American arty..." I shudder at the thought. tongue.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

I would be much more tolerant of mixing Allied forces simply because CM has really limited the options available with respect to what Allied units are available, especially compared to the German units available.

You can find just about any German unit you can think of in the German OOB, but the Allied OOB is ridiculously limited in comparison.

Jeff Heidman