Help, please, from a successful money-order buyer...

Hey all.... (and, BTW, YES, i did a search smile.gif)

Utterly fascinating message board. I'm hooked on the game and I don't even have it yet, which leads me to the problem...

I sent off a money order a week ago, and since Battlefront.com ought to have it by now, I was wondering a few things:

1. Do they send off a confirming email that they have received the money order?

2. Do they send an email when they ship the product?

3. How long does it take for sales to respond to emails, usually? I emailed them yesterday morning (because I had forgotten to specify the Windows version) and haven't heard anything. Should I give them a couple of days?

Thanks much.

engy

-------------

------------------

"He who makes war without many mistakes has not made war very long."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Welcome to the game!

I received a confirmation email, but I paid online w/ a credit card.

The next day I had what I thought was a problem with the credit card (not related to this order) and was concerned the credit card would be declined. I emailed them about it and got a response a few days later. Things were pretty busy for them at the time I think... their stock had recently ran out.

It is a very small outfit, I'd give them a few days.

------------------

“Fortune favors the brave" - Terence

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by engy:

Hey all.... (and, BTW, YES, i did a search smile.gif)

1. Do they send off a confirming email that they have received the money order?

2. Do they send an email when they ship the product?

3. How long does it take for sales to respond to emails, usually? I emailed them yesterday morning (because I had forgotten to specify the Windows version) and haven't heard anything. Should I give them a couple of days?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Don't know about money order, but I got confirmation of my credit card order.

2. No. (I didn't get any)

3. sales respondin emails?!? thats a good one. I emailed to them last friday and haven't got any answer. frown.gif

I ordered CM almost month ago (12. september), but haven't got the game yet.

Does anyone know how can I get some info about my order? What is happened to my copy of the game?

When my order seemed to take a little too long, I sent along a quick email, asking politely if my order had indeed been received. I received a quick response confirming that it had been received. My CD arrived shortly thereafter. I'll bet they are pretty buried at this point, but a month does seem a little long...

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sergei10:

3. sales respondin emails?!? thats a good one. I emailed to them last friday and haven't got any answer. frown.gif

I ordered CM almost month ago (12. september), but haven't got the game yet.

Does anyone know how can I get some info about my order? What is happened to my copy of the game?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On email responses, I have been around here for a bit and can attest to BTS being an extreemly responsive company. Not only do they participate in our discussions here but every email I've ever sent them has been responded to, sometimes not as soon as I'd like but they're busy guys.

I would have to assume the delay in getting your game has to do with the fact that your in Finland... We have several other Finish board members here maybe they'll chime in with how long they're orders took to arrive. A month seems long though....

[This message has been edited by Darwin (edited 10-05-2000).]

Just an idea to avoid sending a personal check or money order (and you don't have a credit card): I've heard there are some sites on the 'net that allow you to pay them in cash and they give you some kind of "cyber-dollars" that act like a credit card for on-line purchases.

(Sorry about the vague info...)

-Jim

Crank_GS - I second that.

engy, you should probably give them a couple of days. When I contacted them, Steve told me he was running several days behind in emails. I got the game in the end, though, and all is fine smile.gif

It is definitely worth the wait !

PS: I live in Norway - It took about a week to receive the game ( once I contacted them). My first copy got lost in the mail...

I got a free replacement.

So Cheer up, Thou Art Not Doomed