Future Release Compatibility

I know this has been covered before but I dont remember the outcome of such discussions.

Will it be possible for BTS to make newer features in upcoming CM titles compatible to older ones?

To me, there would be nothing better than being able to choose to play in any theater with the latest updates. I would be more than willing to purchase updated packs. That way BTS can recieve compensation for the time it takes to impliment.

I have no understanding of programing so I dont even know if this is possible, yet I hope it is

How does everyone else feel? Would you also purchase an update pack as I described?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

VS

Guest Zigster

I'm not sure what updates you are referring to exactly, not having seen the previous discussion.

However, if an "update" is just an expanded vehicle/terrain base with no real change to the game, then no, I wouldn't be willing to pay for it.

If the update is a definite improvement on the original, then yes, I'd be happy to fork over some dough.

Yes, I would *definately* be willing to pay for a monster

patch on a CD that would retrofit the improvements from

CM2 back into CM1. And also it would be a lot of fun

to match up vehicles that served on different fronts

against each other. smile.gif

Zigster, I am talking about improvemets in the game itself, not just vehicles. (although I consider terrain changes to be game changes. There are many things that BTS says they wish they could include in the game,but, time and current technology restrain them.

My thinking is that BTS has created a innovating game, BY innovated people. Therefore I believe that any future releases will also be cutting edge in all aspects. CC,for example, has not changed that much over the series at all IMHO. I think this game is going to get WAY better over the series,as BTS has already showed us the degree of talent they possess.

If I was unclear in my original post, I appologise. Would you pay to see ALL the future improvements in CM Beyond Overlord down the road. Lets face it, for many, this is their favorite time frame. I say let it grow.

Thank you,

Von Shrad

Guys, I think BTS said that it hopes to be able to ensure that future improvements can be retrofitted but until they actually go to CODE the future versions it'll be impossible to tell how realistic this aim is.

In short, it's an aim but no-one knows if its possible.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

For my two bits...

As a past purchaser of ASL and several expansion packs, I definitely WOULD PAY ( biggrin.gif ) for even a good expansion set of vehicles/terrain/scenarios. There is significant work in making accurate 3-D models and designing balanced scenarios, and that work should be compensated. That said, I wouldn't pay $50 (as for a new or updated game engine), but I might pay $20 to $30 depending on the depth of the package/add-on.

Press on!

Steve C.