Medical Units

Krinks

What use are medical units in the game? Do they have an effect on infantry that has lost a man or two to casualties, or are they just there for the point values? If they serve more of a purpose in the game how can I use them effectively?

[ September 27, 2002, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Krinks ]

So can I assume that fuel and ammo trucks serve the same purpose? I'm also assuming that outfitting a tank with a blade on the front is good for clearing minefields and engineering operations? I have these things and I'm not sure what to do with them on the mission that I'm playing right now (Battle Group Hamilton 1).

Fuel and ammo trucks don't actually do anyting.

Blade, plow, or roller attachments, when added to a tank marker, can be used to breach obstacles and minefields.

Tank blades do a poor job against minefields. Plows and rollers are better for minefield work.

[ September 28, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: MajorH ]

> I have these things and I'm not sure what to do with them on

> the mission that I'm playing right now (Battle Group

> Hamilton 1).

The Canadian scenarios have a lot of extra admin, engineering, and logistics vehicles underfoot because ... well ... because the Canadian Army paid me to put them into those scenarios smile.gif .

Many hobby players choose to delete those units during setup with the "Options/Delete Units" menu item.

Originally posted by MajorH:

> Many hobby players choose to delete those units during setup with the "Options/Delete Units" menu item.

Ahh ... so next time Ill just keep that in mind. Unless the scenario says to protect them, don't bother even moving them. Out of curiosity, do command units give some kind of bonus to the other units, or are they also extra administrative options? (Forgive what may be dumb questions, but I'm very new to TacOps... thanks smile.gif