Bug?

When playing defense and letting my guns open up from long range I notice they select Arty Observers, Machine guns, mortars, etc BEFORE those troops are identified. It is an easy work around for FOW, imho. If some new target pops up (not identified) and my gunners switch to targeting it , I know that target is higher on the priority list for destruction. a good test is to have a bunch of troops break cover at the same time (long ways away) and then send an arty observer out (a little delayed), every gun firing on the other troops will retarget the arty observer even though it is farther away AND says "Infantry?" as its unit designation.

Has anyone else noticed this or is the crack finally getting to me?

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

I've seen armor re-target for infantry "teams" too.

Ex: Amis charging a German infantry position. I target my armor on the Amis infantry squads since they (at close range) are the big problem to my infantry. The tanks retarget for mortars, mgs, etc.

Probabl;y a function of the tank thinking: "Oh no, bazookas!"--- or something like that.

I don't know if 'during the turn' the armor identifies a "team" and switches to it or what?

Stoner