Wespe vs. Hummel ROF

I'm using Jason McGrody's spreadsheet and it indicates that the Wespe (105mm SPA) has a slow ROF but does not say the same for the Hummel (155mm SPA). I know the Hummel fires about 1 shell per turn and I would call that a slow ROF. Is the Wespe slower than that? I could set up a firing range to test, but I thought I'd put it to the board before I go that route.

Thanks,

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest ckoharik

Yes, the Wespe has a much better ROF than the Hummel. Last night I played two QBs with computer generated forces and both times I got a Wespe. Very, very handy for dealing with swarms of Allied infantry.

Edit:

Wheeee! I'm now a full fledged member.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

[This message has been edited by ckoharik (edited 10-11-2000).]

I recently played a quick battle and chose a german force, consisting of a good number of SPA 3 hummels, a couple of wespe and a company of those SPA half track things. Of course I had 2 comps of infantry and a few hertzer and tigers too. Anyway the americans chosen by the AI fielded a huge amount of infantry and a few tank destroyers.

The Ai decided to go for two obj out in the open near some forest rather than the two in town, which made my job easier. I found a rof of about 2 a min I think by the hummels, in around the space of 10 mins, my SPA wave backed up by inf marching forward managed to inflict casualties of nigh on 400 for the loss of 38, another 100 were captured when the poor yanks had to surrender.

If well supported and enemy armour is taken out, I think the Hummels are excellent and dont find the rof much of a problem. They are great for carving great holes in built up areas, allowing MGs to gun down the hapless survivors