Changing German Flags

I didn't do a search on this, so I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but for those who care, if you can get, or still have the beta demo, it's a matter of 30 seconds of work to changed the German victory point flags from the cross that they currently are, to the swastika they were in the beta demo. The victory flags are the file 440.bmp in both demos and you can simply move the 440.bmp from the beta demo into the BMP folder of the gold demo. Oh, and this gives me an idea of how easy it is to change certain things in CM... I think I'll change the WW2 Canadian flag to the completely anachronistic current Maple Leaf when the full game arrives smile.gif

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

P.S. Sorry if this has already been posted/noted.

I think I'll change the German flag to the Canadian flag and REALLY have some fun!!!

Just like Southpark!!!

Naturally I AM kidding. I have several Canadian friends and spend alot of time in B.C., But still! smile.gif

Zamo

Canadian humor is second only to British humor in terms of hilarity.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

I think I'll change the German flag to the Canadian flag and REALLY have some fun!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want some REAL fun, use the smilies from this forum. There's nothing like seeing a big cool.gif over the battlefield. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G4A:

If you want some REAL fun, use the smilies from this forum. There's nothing like seeing a big cool.gif over the battlefield. wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then challenge Mr Peng for an PBEM game...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Now if there were only a way to change the "unknown" locator icons (cross for Germans, etc.) to little smilies....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is... smile.gif You can put smilies on just about everything if you want to, like the faces of the soldiers... cool.gifwink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif