Patch for v4

MajorH TacOps Developer

>I remember you mentioning about having to

>send out a patch. Was it for only

>version 4.0.3(FE)?

I expect that bugs will be crawling out for months. Since I have now slept more than I have been awake for three days my immediate priority is to release a patch. If I don't post it tonight then I will surely post it tomorrow.

The following three items have been reported since v403FE started shipping.

Win version only. Program crashes when a user attempts to create and place a bridge marker on the map by using the "Build Bridge" button in the Options/Engineering window. The crash occurs at the instant that the user clicks on the map.

Win version only. Program crashes if the user selects the "Orders/Set Engagemet Range" menu item and then cancells the operation by touching a key or by clicking on an empty point on the map.

Win & Mac versions. The program does not always correctly find, open, or read a map place names file. [unconfirmed]

I have posted the v403FG patch to the isupport ftp site. If no problems are reported, the patch will be moved later to the normal downloads page.

The windows version is titled "TacOps 403FG win.zip"

The Macintosh version is titiled "TacOps 403FG mac.sit"

The ftp URL is below ...

ftp://TacOps4:isupport@ftp.combatmission.com

The uppper and lower case letters in the URL should be exactly as shown.

- - - - - - -

Download the file. Then Unzip/unstuff it and copy/drag its contents into your TacOps v4 folder so as to replace any file or files of the same name.

- - - - - - -

This patch fixes the following problems.

Windows version. The program would sometimes crash when a user attempted to create and place a bridge marker on the map by using the "Build Bridge" button in the Options/Engineering window.

Windows version. The program would sometimes crash if the user selected the "Orders/Set Engagement Range" menu item and then cancelled the operation by touching a key or by clicking on an empty point on the map.

Mac version. The program sometimes drew a zero and a blank space at the beginning of a map place name annotation.

[ September 18, 2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: MajorH ]

The palette files were posted for some Photoshop users who like to make TacOps maps. When combined with Photoshop, those files provide an earth tone optimized set of indexed colors for creating nice looking maps with only 256 colors - which helps greatly in reducing the storage size of TacOps maps.

The bmp file is the TacOps v4 splash screen. I originally posted it there for comment from the beta testers. I left it there in case someone wants to use it as a Windows wallpaper file.