Why is the Demo sound louder than full version

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

It does not concern me to much but a friend has demo(waiting on full version) well he was getting beat up in demo (Chance Encounter)so I fired up my demo and had not changed the volume since I played full version and to my suprise the demos volume about blew me out of my seat. Then put CM ful version back in and it was very soft since I turned it down for Demo.

So why is Demo so much louder than full version

I'm only guessing here... but it's possible that either:

A) the demo comes with different (smaller) wavs than the full version. (often done in Demos to save file size)

B) I believe there was a bug or something in an earlier version that made sound go to full blast every time you started the game... If I'm remembering this correctly, then perhaps the demo still has this bug.

Guest Shatter50

Oddball G thanks for the info. Yes I too understand how the volume control works but at the same setting the demo is 3 times as loud.

Your a quick one biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

Oddball G thanks for the info. Yes I too understand how the volume control works but at the same setting the demo is 3 times as loud.

Your a quick one biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uuuh... it was a serious question... i ment to ask if you could change the volume IN the game... cos i think the ambience is too loud sometimes...

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

Guest Madmatt

This was patched in one of the earlier versions. Basically the game used to automatically max out the volume in Windows when it started. Now it does not.

That is the difference.

Madmatt