Question about being bogged

This is to anyone who can answer this authoritatively - Steve, Charles, Fionn, Moon or anybody that knows for sure :P

basically my question was about being bogged, I was wondering that when we do in fact get bogged are there any actual changes to movement we can make to modify our likelihood of becoming unstuck? Ie... change our course to an opposing direction attempt to turn what have you .......any take on this guys?

thanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

I'm not in any position of authority, but some players have unbogged armor by keeping it under orders to move. Every turn, give it an order to move. It may take a few turns, but sometimes they'll pull out.

Hope that helps.

------------------

It's a piece of junk — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 03-23-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

FWIW IIRC, (hehehe) the units will automatically attempt to get 'unstuck' once bogged and will in fact ignore your movement commands. Thats what it seems to me at least.

TacAi in action...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

In fact, in the current version, you can't give any movement commands to bogged vehicles. They simply do not appear on the orders menu anymore. A previusly given movement command remains active, though, or can be cancelled if needed. Every vehicle that is bogged attemps to free itself automatically, nothing the player can do about it - not that I would know at least.

I stand corrected on giving "move" order to bogged vehicle. Sometimes they do get free, sometimes they don't.

I also have tried to shove an immobile M4 to a better firing position in RB, but the AI wouldn't allow such a maneuver, which is too bad.

------------------

It's a piece of junk — Moriarty

In a PBEM I gave a StuG orders to reverse when it became bogged, and it did so and continued forwards after that according to the rest of my plotted moves.

I saw an AI StuG get bogged in a previous game and it just sat there, and appeared to run out of ammo eventually.

Regards

Guest Big Time Software

Snark, the only sure way is to stay on roads. Any off road terrain has a chance of bogging down a vehicle, especially ones with very poor ground pressure. For example, my M29C Weasel Cargo Carrier has a ground pressure of 1.9 psi while the average Sherman is about 12 psi. Guess which one is better on soft ground or snow? smile.gif

Some terrain is more likely to bog down a vehicle than others. I can't remember off the top of my head, but fields are pretty bad IIRC.

Steve