Why is my tank firing smoke.....

at infanty 950 yards away???????????

It's not just any tank either. It's a KT...it's not like a rifle grenade is going to take him out from that range.

It's been awhile since I've seen this behavior, but it's maddening. Now he has effectivly given the defender a smoke screen to advance behind!!!!!!

Anyone got ideas?????????

No, now wait a second. I just seen this happen to me also. An M10 of mine, on a hilltop position seeing a "crew" and an "inf" contact in a three story building, began to fire smoke to block their line of sight to another target on the other side of the map. While I applaud the tanker's thinking, (it were a right cute move), but I'm thinking possibly that blasting the offending spotters with a few rounds of HE might have had a bit more permanent effect.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 11-20-2000).]

I have notice this same behavior at times in my QB battles. Seems to me any nearby unit with smoke capability will smoke enemy units if you have friendly infantry advancing nearby and in jeopardy of being fired upon by the enemy units. I've also seen a mortar smoke an area in front of an enemy tank so as to protect a group of my HT's that were dashing for a flag=-) It worked, so I can applaud their actions instead of chewing them out for disobeying my original orders=-)

Guest kking199

I have experienced strange smoking behaviour as well...

yea yea.. I'm talking about CM right now!

You know the saying...

"Smoke if ya got 'em?" smile.gif