Place Names

Krinks

Originally posted by MajorH:

Mac or Windows?

That feature should work in the demo. I will double check it later today or tomorrow.

The place names file should be located at the same level as the map that it is for.

I've got the Windows version (I have Win. 98, by the way). I've tried moving the Map001c.names file to a bunch of different directories, but no luck. The error message I get is "Map001c.names. Could not find or open the file. The file may be missing or damaged."

I saved the file in the Maps directory right next to the Map001c.map file and I saved it as a plain text format. The body of my names file is:

139042[TAB]Enemy Town[ENTER]

This isn't a really essential feature for me, but it would be nice to have for when I get the game and have rally points or fall-back areas to mark.

BTW: Thanks for your quick response MajorH smile.gif

Hm... I got the full game in the mail, and I still can't get place names to appear :( I've been saving it under the proper directory (the same one with the maps), and the correct name, but still get the error. I've even tried it with Map009c (Team O'Hara).

Major--I tried to send you the file, but for some reason it won't attach to my e-mail. I'm not really sure why. I've tried saving the file as MS-DOS Text and Text Only through Word 2000. Any other suggestions?

Thanks smile.gif

[ September 23, 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Krinks ]

• 1 month later...