Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

LOS

Guest TOBRUK

Glad the Board is back. And for those wondering: yes "search" function still works.

I know it's late to be asking this but; would some knowlegeable person please clarify for me the distinction between Black and Green LOS lines?

Thanks smile.gif

How very interesting - all the old threads exist, and are available by searching. You just have to know what you're looking for ...

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

What a wry sense of humor those New Zealanders have. I have searched of course, hence the referende in my post.

Knowing what you're looking for isn't the key. It's knowing under what other obscure discussion it occurs. Maybe you can find a thread for me?

BTW, Jon, being a sailor NZ has always held a particular fascination for me. Would love to sail there someday. Are you following the cup races? Looks like you may be facing the Italians.

BTW 2, care to PBEM?

LOS Lines: Black-is-bad, green-is-good. IOW Black-is-blocked, green-is-great. IOW, Black-is- ah hell, you get the idea? smile.gif

Sorry TOBRUK - I didn't mean to slight you - I was just surprised that the threads were still there, and you didn't exactly say they were smile.gif In fact, my post wasn't really an answer to yours, just random thoughts on the search function. I had thought you meant you could search the 17 new posts on the board since it reopened. Whoopee!

BTW 1: yep, started following it with more interest recently. The races are getting better and more exciting. I'm (and a few other Kiwis I know) are backing Prada. One of the less charitable reasons is that even if we subsequently lose, the Cup doesn't go back to the States wink.gif

BTW 2: email follows ...

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

Well, in spite of Jon's straightforward answer about LOS, I'm still confused. (and I have searched once again and found nothing).

situation: I use a los check for, say, a tank. The line from tank to target is green, & range & exposure is given. If I move the line even slightly it sometimes becomes black, BUT still gives exposure (!) and range etc. It does not say "sight blocked" !! (usually where sight is blocked, this is made clear and usually the unit won't even accept the target.)

So; will the tank fire at the target, if the line is black? What exactly does the black line mean, in this case?

(I know that usually the interfering object can change the line from red to black; this is not what's happening here.)

I guess I should be able to figure this out, and in any case it's not a great impedimant to play, but it would be nice to get some feedback on this. Thanks smile.gif

BTW, Jon, because I'm playing an Italian opponent I have found it easy also to cheer for the Italians. My opponent, Marco, has pointed out the the Prada boat has the very pretty name 'Luna Rossa' which is never mentioned by the commentators.

PS: I hope my opponent doesn't read this and realize that I'm having trouble with my green and black lines smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by TOBRUK (edited 01-31-2000).]

ohmygod ! I can't figure out black & green lines and now you want me to do SCREENSHOTS ???!!!? redface.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Moon- I am with Tupac ..There are different shades of green and teal and black not being blocked. And half red half black lines that are clearly marked blocked. But the question is a good one. What do the different colored lines mean? I sometimes see two different shades of green which one is the better LOS/target?