MG vs Halfttrack Test

Okay, I ran the little test regarding MGs and their FP.

A German LMG 42 vs an M3. No shots if the M3 is BU, any range, up to 30m

A German HMG 42 vs an buttoned up M3. Shoots at 250m, and will kill it.

A US .50 cal HMG. Rips the German SPW 250 up at 500m.

A US HMG behaves like a German HMG 42.

Now, what I want to know is, how come the German SPW 250/1 was able to fire its MG when it was buttoned up? Is this a bug? From what I can tell from pictures and accounts, is that you need to be CE to fire the MG on a German ht.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

German Ubermenschen have longer arms, they will reach the MG even while sitting down in the Half Track.

Seriusly, possible bug, or they are considering that the German Halftrak version has a Gunshield mounted often with the MG. Not sure how wide spread this version was tho.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ahauschild:

Seriusly, possible bug, or they are considering that the German Halftrak version has a Gunshield mounted often with the MG. Not sure how wide spread this version was tho.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one hell of a gunshield for just a MG. The only gunshields I can think of, that were on German halftracks, were those that actually carried Guns (like a 75mm), not a MG42.

The majority of halftracks did not have them… that's why this was sooooo unusual.

------------------

Doc

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

BTS stated some time ago that the gunshield is indeed modelled, which is why the SPW 250/1 can fire while buttoned.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, thanks for bringing that up about BTS. But this wasn't prevalent (at least I thought so). Especially from the ones I've seen in military museums. That's why I asked. Anyone have data?

------------------

Doc