That was Ripping Good Fun!

Heh, must have been that Stug eh? smile.gif

Yeah, it was WILD!!!!! The feeling of desperation (it helped that it was a small map) really made it fun.

Small maps and 500 point games are going to be a REAL hoot and a half via the net. Man.

And it was FAST! The calculations were done on a PIII 866 and it took about 10 seconds max to get the update from his cable modem via the net down my DSL line. Very snappy.

AIM 540,

Yep, the Stug did me in, that and the fact that I was so surprized that the connection worked that I didn't spend too much time on setup. You are so right about the 500pt games, they turn into nail-biters with TCP/IP. I wonder if the fact that our comps. are nearly identical had anything to do with the speed and ease of the connection. Anytime time you want a rematch drop me a line.

------------------

When one goes tear-assing around, one often ends up with a torn ass.

Yes, KwazyDog suddenly it worked. I was getting some odd errors though when starting a couple of hosts. Told me it was unable to open a TCP/IP connection or something a few times. I canceled, went back and tried again.

Then it would sit there waiting. Many people told me they could not connect. I tried a few more times and suddenly THumpre joined and away we went.

THumpre! Yeah, lets do another 500 pointer tonight. This time we'll buy our own units!

What's the matter though? I thought people said the Greyhound was gods gift to the Americans! smile.gif

I'll drop you a note when I'm home tonight, around 7 pacific. Cheers!