Actual Veterans playing CM

coe

Uh, there are "MG hits" shown. I don't recall if I've ever seen them on Tanks or not, but I have seen them on other AFVs.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

I don't know of any playing, but I know of one who was pretty interested.

My wife's grandfather (now 82) was visiting a month ago. Knowing he is a 10th AD vet, I figured I'd show him the game thinking that he might get a kick out of it.

His visions not very good, so he hunkered up there right next to the monitor and I loaded up a scenario and breezed around showing him the different tanks. "Yup, that's an M4. And that's an M7. Is that a Tiger?" I thought maybe he was just humoring me.

A couple days later he calls me up and my wife gives me the phone saying "It's Papa, he has a question about your game." I almost pissed myself. Well, he was the wire-cheif for the 10th AD Artillery, so he asks me if the game used fuse timed shells! I told him about the VT arty the game models. So we engage in a discussion about how great that was and "We used to use that against infantry all the time. Boy did that get 'em." It was quite funny.

So maybe he didn't play, but it sure appealed to him. Just another feather in the BTS cap. If you can interest someone who lived through it...you're doing pretty good in my book.

------------------

"Nuts!"

WBW,

Yep, I read about the post from the "Scenario" forum.

Unfortunately, I can't find the scenario. Please point. Thanks. Must be taht kick from Scott Orr tongue.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(