sorry

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pacestick:

any thread that Andreas is in is the right one, how on earth do you do the smiley thing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cool.gif

This way (please note, smiley inserted for demonstration purposes only, this smiley does not constitute a return to smiley use on my part)

Not sure if that is a compliment, but I take it as one...

Swamp, you crack me up. You are so funny you would not believe (let alone understand). I love it when you expose your total lack of wit and irony by calling people names.

Here goes, to sooth your hurt little ego: you shurely are the most important person on this board, without your valiant watchdoggism this game would suffer and not be half as good as it is. You may continue.

------------------

Andreas

Quote from BTS Forum Rules... something you agreed to when join this forum....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

The major rules are as follows:

1. No Flaming and/or Baiting. If you have a strong opinion, that is fine. But express it in such a way that is non-abusive and not emotionally charged. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We like to think our gamers are mature, rational people. Please help us keep this opinion of you!

4. Negativism is a real turn off. Battlefront.com believes in the freedom of speech in a big way, but that does not mean we have to provide a service so someone can irresponsibly attack us or our games. However, this does NOT mean we don't want to be criticized. Far from it! If you have an opinion that is not complementary to us, we encourage you to post so that we can hopefully address the problem, or at least challenge its assertions. What we don't want are unsupported rants. Here are two examples of expressing an opinion:

THE WRONG WAY - "YOUR GAMES SUCK, YOU SUCK, EVERYTHING BUT ME SUCKS! YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELLS OF ELDERBERRIES!!!!"

The wrong way does nothing but annoy us and make you look like an immature fool. Your post will be quickly ignored, but the low opinion of you will remain for much longer. If you want to make a difference in life, this is not the way to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you post anymore, reread the rules, look at your posts, then reread the rules again. Then respond.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swamp:

maybe that threw me off somehow<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Existed in the Gold Demo for ordinary scenarios I believe. There were no Quick Battles then.

So what?

You are much funnier when you talk about conspiracies then when you point out my mistakes Swampy.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

I'm 25-3-2

thats 25 wins, come to the cmhq chat and people can back it up<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As if I care...

send me a file.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, too busy making fun of others. Much more rewarding.

------------------

Andreas

Germanboy wrote:

well gee I wonder how much of an issue it was with charles if bts's lead tester was unaware of it, figure that one out loud mouth

charles never said anything more than "might" and "I'll look into it"

and if you try to cover up this thread with garbage maybe someone else will start another one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever are you on about? I thought at first that you were joking, but now I'm beginning to think you're serious. Not that it isn't funny either way, except for the 'at you rather than with you' aspect of the whole thing. Do you expect Charles to leap to attention, apologize, and say that he's made it priority one? Or that his 'I'll look into it' comment translates into a dismissive, potentially 'coverup' attitude, rather than just being a casual, chatty way of saying he's checking into it? And you've begun running around 'informing' the beta-testers and they didn't know about it (horrors). Perhaps that's because until Charles discovers whether and where a bug was introduced, there wouldn't be any particular point in putting everyone on national alert, now would there? In fact, until he'd changed code and asked beta-testers to check out the change to see if the problem was fixed, I don't know that this would require an emergency meeting. The potential 'hull down' bug is something that people would be concerned about, of course, but this 'young reporter from school newspaper uncovers administration cover-up of freshman registration problems' approach to posting is a little offputting. Although arguably very humorous, in a somewhat disturbed way.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

I know I insulted you but you were asking for it, no need to get morbid here, I suggest you get a clue as to whats going on before you post a response to the thread

go back and read your first post on this thread

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one should be insulting anyone here. Too much of that garbage is going on here, and it definatle shades a poor light on the parties involved, but more importantly on BTS.

As far as my first post, I stand by it. There is no conspiracy, as you suggested in your first message. And as soon as BTS hears about a bug, they investigate it, then fix it. It won't suprise me if the mutual hull down thing is fixed in 1.06.

Now off to watch for more JP pic posts...

[This message has been edited by Mikeydz (edited 09-03-2000).]

Germanboy, what in the #$%^ am I trying to take credit for?

where the $%^& are you getting this

we're gonna HAVE to settle this with a match?

I'm 25-3-2

thats 25 wins, come to the cmhq chat and people can back it up

send me a file.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your pride in your win loss record is touching. Your belief that using a win in a game as evidence of moral or logical superiority is quaint, to say the least.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

What's really sad is that Steve or Charles have to waste time on this garbage by continually having to lock up threads. Aren't there better things to discuss in a more thoughtful manner? What happened to enjoyable threads like the old "Tiger tank front turrent armour" thread? It's gotten really bad lately. Time to move on I guess. frown.gif

-johnS

Swamp...What is your issue? I think, as posted already in this thread, that BTS is looking into it. What else do you want them to do?

Your passion for this bug is not something I have seen recently. It is a bug, or a problem, or something...and BTS is looking into it. Enough said!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I never liked your posts, you show ill humor and taste<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

err...which post(s) were these??? Since I haven't generally posted anything except graphics mods, there's no telling where this came from (way out in left field I guess).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Tiger, whats funny about your post is that you just registered 3-4 weeks ago<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the old elitism cliche. People who haven't been here forever don't matter like you do eh? Swamp you're arrogant, narrow-minded and hateful.

In my post above, I was referring to this entire thread in general, not you in particular. That's a mighty big chip you carry about on your shoulder.

-johnS cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 09-04-2000).]

but you know what, you're just another #$%hole<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see now. You're afraid that your prowess in PBEM games might suffer because of this bug, and impact your status as an Alpha Male. I can see now why you're so anxious to have it addressed and make sure everyone knows about it.

Have you considered that the bug might be no more than a 'hull down' label appearing on screen, and might not be affecting game play at all?

Oh, and thank you for the character judgement. It helps me put your posts in the proper perspective. I thought I might have been too sarcastic. smile.gif

My apologies to others, I probably shouldn't have bothered further with this thread. In the beginning, I seriously did think swamp was being satirical.

------------------

Guest Madmatt

Guys, you ALL need to settle down and just chill.

I am looking at this issue as are many other people.

There is no Conspirarcy and don't think swamp meant it like that.

In light of another disgusting post that was just made lets try and set an example of good conduct here and just wait until BTS and the testers either get this fixed or explained.

I promise I will keep you informed on this.

Thank You!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing