Steve- a small request (i hope anyhow)

Hi Steve,

I know you guys are busy trying to wrap up the game and I am periodically checking the board to stay informed, so i hope I'm correct in assuming that we are probably looking at a minimum of another 2 mos eek.gif

Im dying for the game but I can wait as I'm super busy anyhow; but I had made a request on a previous thread and it was never answered (some time ago)

I understand the complexities of trying to go back to make a new scenario for our version and that it is impossible, so I am not about to ask that.

Previously I had asked if it were possible to change the deploys on the existing ones to or some minor changes to try and spice em up. Would this be a tough thing to do?

I'm not sure how the editor works but I'm figuring its either an easy thing, or just as hard to do as a new scen (possible the new save would be unrecognizable to our build) If it is the latter then I understand why my request wouldn't be possible

thanks either way

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Guest Big Time Software

We are hoping to have some better answer for you all by the end of this month. But yes, since it is about a month to make the physical componants of CM and the end of March is still 3 weeks away, it is pretty safe to assume that we will not be shipping before then.

We aren't going to do anything more for the current demo. Reasons have been stated several times. The next thing that you guys will get to play is the Gold Demo. So basically if you are tired of the existing demo (and how anybody can still be playing it totally amazes us smile.gif) it is probably best to look around for something else to entertain you for a while. Just convince yourself that the Beta Demo is like other demos and pretend that you could care less if you ever play the real thing (that is what most demos are like to me smile.gif). It just might work wink.gif

Steve

whoa Steve....this is a scary statement "is like other demos and "pretend that you could care less if you ever play the real thing" ?

this reads extremely foreboding....please recant or reword and make it a little more upbeat LIE TO US smile.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

No! I agree with Steve.

Just put the Beta Demo away and find something else to play or do to keep you busy. I've mentioned this before on several other threads. If any of you have played StarFleet Command, then you've probably have heard about Klingon Academy. Well the demo came out last week and I have been having a ball blowing holes in the saucer sections of Excelsior-Class Battlecruisers.

Not to take anything away from Combat Mission, but fellas, I think we can all agree here, that there's not much left to discuss and we're driving each other crazy with our trivial posts on this Forum.

Granted there hasn't been very many decent games out there for the past six months or so, but there ARE a few coming up here in the next two months or so, including CM, so go check out a couple.

If your at all interested in Star Trek or Star Wars, Star Wars Force Commander has gone Gold and is expected to hit store shelves in the week of March 20th, the full version of Klingon Academy shouldn't be too much longer, trust me, Interplay has really got a masterpiece with this one. Activision's Star Trek Armada game is starting to shape-up and look like a game worth while. So give Steve and Charles a break and go play something else.

And don't forget Star Trek: Starfleet Command. It came out

a few months ago from Interplay and is a SUPERB tactical combat

wargame set in the classic Star Trek universe. You can play

as a Federation officer, or Klingon, Romulan, Hydran, etc. The

combat is *very* detailed and you can adjust the speed the game

plays at to suit your tastes; from fast to ultra slow to allow

for deep tactical planning. The graphics and sound quality are

outstanding. You can play single player scenarios if you like

(Wrath of Khan, anyone? smile.gif) or you can play single player career

campaigns. And, of course, you can play multi-player against

other starship captains, either in a free for all or in cooperative

play on teams with your own fleet to command. smile.gif

Give the demo a try if you haven't played the game yet. It's

extremely fun and I give it my highest recommendation. smile.gif

Address is below.

http://www.interplay.com/sfcommand/

Guest TOBRUK

"how can anybody still be playing" ??? Steve, I don't believe that. I must be retarded.

I'm still playing (all PBEM). The only damned thing I'm tired of is LOSING. I've never seen any of these scemarios play out the same way. Each one is a totally different game. Maybe after about a thousand I'll be able to win occasionally. smile.gif

At least it's free for now. I shudder at the thought of actually having paid to get beaten up. smile.gifsmile.gif

Hey Steve

Thanks for replying, It was just a longshot :-P, As for convincing muyself CM is just like other games well eek.gif that aint gonna happen :P

I have been trying to find something to occupy my spare minute a week but unfortunately its been slim pickings since before christmas.

there are a few mods in the works for Unreal tournament tho for anyone reading this that is interested one is a WW2 mod called 1941 - but it aint done yet frown.gif

This is the co. doing it if anyone wanats to check out the screens - its showing tanks and aircraft and infantry in an outdoor enviornment set in russia

Take care

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Guest GriffinCheng

About the beta demo: "No, no they can't take that away from me!", Steve -- or my other PEBM opponents would kill me! biggrin.gif

SFC? Heck! I have been waiting for a computer port of SFB for years, even though I had not played SFB since I cannot find any opponents here. OTOH, I still play SFC from time to time.

Is Klingon Academy really good? Gosh, I think I am checking the demo, have your fingers crossed it is much better than the previous installment.

SW:FC. I think the graphics is pretty messy but I hope the gameplay would shine. No high hopes tough.

Griffin @ work

I have SFC, very little replayability. However, I haven't yet tried any of the many ship mods. However, it was just too limited, very little strategy. Find the strengths of your ship, and know the weaknesses of the enemy. The AI is pretty easy to defend. The campaign is too short and doesn't give you much of a feel of gratification for saving/conquering the universe. Too much focus is being made on improving the 3D Models (which were already spectacular) and not enough is made on creating really cool and interesting missions.

Yeah, the AI has it's limitations (what else is new in computer

games? smile.gif) but against a skilled player the challenge is there.

It's up to each captain to best use the strengths of his ship

and exploit the weaknesses of his opponent. Many of the combat

options that are in SFB couldn't be included in SFC the first time

out because of SFB is so complicated there was no way to implement

all the rules in the first version. But if they make a sequel

it will have more detail, be closer to SFB in it's subtley and depth.

A full blown story with cut-scenes and all would have been nice

for the campaigns but the development team didn't have the time

or money allocated for that sort of thing to be included. Maybe

more of that in the sequel. smile.gif

Coming soon... the 12-step program for CMBD addiction...

1. Admit you have a problem.

2. Institiute a program of checking this forum every 10 minutes to relieve your cravings.

3. Make 7 posts to the forum pleading for a release date.

4. Make 20 posts to the forum pleading for another demo scenario.

5. Attempt to go "cold turkey" by deleting the demo from your hard drive.

6. Bawl like a baby as your best friend goes to electronic limbo.

7. Hold out a full 2 minutes 12 seconds.

8. D/L the demo again.

9. Get scores of 100-0 on all three scenarios, both sides.

10. Dream about beating Fionn in a PBEM.

11. Lower your expectations to surviving till turn 30 against Fionn in a PBEM.

12. Get the gold demo and full game... your addiction will now become permanent. Congratulations, you are one of the few, the proud, the...

CM ADDICTS!

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

I say! I must take the strongest offense at OBG's statement that the recent posts on this fine message board are "trivial." My GOD, man have you seen the "King is Dead" thread? It makes one's nipples hard to read such revelatory, insightful and downright FANTASTIC posts! I and my pals in that thread have so thoroughly researched, and planned and thought out each nuance, each spectacular effect, each goddam tiny DETAIL(!) that for you to say we are posting "trivial" things is a slap in the face. And for that I think SS_SISSYLEADER should scratch your eyes out, you fairy soldier.

PENG sez "huh? whut?" tongue.gif