TacOps for WWII

Sabotai

No, at least not with high fidelity. I don't have the time anymore to research WWII detail. It would also be very difficult for me to find the time to create and then maintain a second, separate game engine.

I have thought seriously about adding a low fidelity WW2 option to the contemporary TacOps engine but only as a "just for fun" or "beer & pretzels" level diversion - so that I could avoid endless email arguments about my game killing failure to represent a March 1943 production run of 57 framitz sprockets from Boguswerks Track Plant #13.

This could be an adjunct to the "Space Marines" option which is also on the wish list smile.gif .

[ August 06, 2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: MajorH ]

I want combat elephants and the Alps.

SOP entries:

"Stop on <whatever>" - are you kidding, what for?

"Unload on <whatever>" - unfortunately everybody comes down with broken bones.

"Set combat range" - 2 or 5 meters?

"Set target unit" - combined with movement, run over it.

"Set target type" - irrelevant.

"Take evasive action when fired on" - don't set if it you don't want to have your own archers flattened.

Originally posted by Stoffel:

If you want a game that looks a bit like tacops for ww2 than you should look for an old game from Microphose named Across the Rhine.

Which version of Windows do you run it under? I've never been able to get it to run.

Also I'd probably go for Space Marines ahead of WWII. Not that anyone cares. ;)

Nobody's mentioned the ultimate giggle; Space Marines in WW2!

I've been toying around with this idea for Command Decision (a miniatures wargame for WW2).

Mixing WH40k Epic figures with WW2 microarmor in the same game and battle.

Stats for the WH40k units would be straight translations from their rulebooks, which isn't that difficult since all three games (CD, WH40k, Epic) have 50yds as a basic distance measure.

The "giggle" comes when you realise that in 40k long range weapons have a maximum range of some 150yds, and most of the arsenal is used within 50yds. WW2 units typically have effective ranges from 200yds and up, and anything within 50yds is "close assault".

(The "Griffin" Imperial heavy mortar have maximum 100yds range, which would barely be enough to get the vehicle clear from the area effect of it's own fire. tongue.gif )

Cheers

Olle